Soon to be Arizona GAN farmer

Learn how to obtain ant colonies for your formicariums or sell your ant colonies locally in a legal and ecologically-friendly manner through the GAN Project.

Moderator: ooper01

MichaelJones

Re: Soon to be Arizona GAN farmer

Sat Feb 04, 2017 12:33 pm

You would have to speak to barfdog, but doesn't check for a few days. I would recommend pavement ants aka Tetramorium Species.

Martialis

Sat Feb 04, 2017 12:43 pm

Mowteam wrote:Hi. I am just starting ant keeping and want an easy species. Which species would you recommend that also has nuptial flights in March.
I recommend going out and looking. You'll find a queen eventually.
Keeper of

Selliing:

MichaelJones

Sat Feb 04, 2017 1:32 pm

Not right now though, nuptial flight hasnt began. I dont think so at least.

Mowteam

Sat Feb 04, 2017 6:14 pm

Thanks for the help. I was also wondering if ants hibernate in the winter in Arizona. Also for a tetramorium species should I get an Omni nest or hybrid nest. Which nest is best for the ants. Also how often should I clean their graveyard and waste zone in the out world and nest.

MichaelJones

Sat Feb 04, 2017 11:42 pm

Take my advise very lightly, I probably dont know what I'm talking about. So if I'm wrong, please someone clarify my mistake. I can answer the graveyard but I dont think the type of nest matters too much. It kinda depends on the size of the colony you plan on having. Thats why I'm getting a all you need hybrid best for to tertimorium species. Oh and ants do hibernate in AZ, we are still waiting for their nuptial flight.

Mowteam

Sun Feb 05, 2017 3:44 pm

MichaelJones wrote:Take my advise very lightly, I probably dont know what I'm talking about. So if I'm wrong, please someone clarify my mistake. I can answer the graveyard but I dont think the type of nest matters too much. It kinda depends on the size of the colony you plan on having. Thats why I'm getting a all you need hybrid best for to tertimorium species. Oh and ants do hibernate in AZ, we are still waiting for their nuptial flight.
I'm starting out so I plan to have a medium sized colony. Also thanks for the help.

Mowteam

Sun Feb 05, 2017 5:20 pm

AntLove4Ever wrote:Yippee! I have been looking for an Arizona GAN farmer for ages! I also live in the Phoenix area and would be interested in purchasing ants from you.

Would you mind sending me an email when you have ants available? If you email me I can give you my phone number but I'd rather not post my number here.

My email is: lucash10@icloud.com
Who are you talking about?

MichaelJones

Sun Feb 05, 2017 5:37 pm

First off, I lost count on how many people here are from, Arizona lol. Secondly, Mowteam he's talking about Barfdog. He said he would be selling queen ants soon and just like AntLove4ever, I'm also interested in buying a queen ant, that is if I dont find one myself. Lastly, this is forum is to let people know he will soon be selling ants and discuss things on that topic. Anything else can be posted here for anyone who is starting an ant colony in Arizona. viewtopic.php?f=26&t=2624&p=16736#p16736

Mowteam

Sun Feb 05, 2017 8:38 pm

MichaelJones wrote:First off, I lost count on how many people here are from, Arizona lol. Secondly, Mowteam he's talking about Barfdog. He said he would be selling queen ants soon and just like AntLove4ever, I'm also interested in buying a queen ant, that is if I dont find one myself. Lastly, this is forum is to let people know he will soon be selling ants and discuss things on that topic. Anything else can be posted here for anyone who is starting an ant colony in Arizona. viewtopic.php?f=26&t=2624&p=16736#p16736
Sorry I'll post questions on the other forum. Also I'm interested in buying a queen from you barfdog.

MichaelJones

Sun Feb 05, 2017 9:21 pm

Sorry I keep bugging you, but barfdog also noted earlier, that he checks this every few days and he reads every post that he missed. So dont expect an immediate response, and just give him some time. I myself am still waiting for a response from him. Consider me like a moderator for him while he is gone :P (Though I dont feel like I'm in any position for that title)