Australian GAN Farmers

Learn how to obtain ant colonies for your formicariums or sell your ant colonies locally in a legal and ecologically-friendly manner through the GAN Project.

Moderator: ooper01

zestylemon07

Australian GAN Farmers

Fri Nov 04, 2016 1:00 am

Its surprising that their doesnt seem to be any GAN Farmers in australia currently. If you are to be a GAN Farmer in australia plz do it. Many people would love to get into the hobby but are worried about not being able to find a queen. Help the Australian community grow and contribute if u can.

zestylemon07

Re: Australian GAN Farmers

Fri Nov 04, 2016 1:07 am

I myself am from brisbane and would love to see a someone from the area help out and be a gan farmer. im sure im not the only one from the area hoping for some gan farmers

KhaoticAnts

Mon Nov 07, 2016 1:26 am

I've recently caught at least 50 queens all of which have begun to lay eggs so I was thinking of becoming a GAN farmer after the ants produce their nanitics, most of them are Aphaenogaster longiceps but hopefully during summer I can start to catch some Camponotus sp queens.

zestylemon07

Wed Nov 09, 2016 7:33 pm

KhaoticAnts wrote:I've recently caught at least 50 queens all of which have begun to lay eggs so I was thinking of becoming a GAN farmer after the ants produce their nanitics, most of them are Aphaenogaster longiceps but hopefully during summer I can start to catch some Camponotus sp queens.
That sounds awsome dude, Not sure if u would sell all 50 but u can make a decent amount of extra cash and help out the community.

shaky33

Fri Nov 11, 2016 5:59 am

KhaoticAnts wrote:I've recently caught at least 50 queens all of which have begun to lay eggs so I was thinking of becoming a GAN farmer after the ants produce their nanitics, most of them are Aphaenogaster longiceps but hopefully during summer I can start to catch some Camponotus sp queens.
Where are you from man?
- Rhytidoponera metallica
- Camponotus consobrinus x2
- **** sp.
- Nylanderia sp.
- Melaphorus sp.
- Camponotus cairns
- Crematogaster sp.
- Colobopsis sp.
- Myrmecia nigrocinta
- Iridomyrmex purpureus
- Camponotus eastwoodi

KhaoticAnts

Fri Nov 11, 2016 6:48 pm

Newcastle, NSW mate

chickenman297

Tue Nov 22, 2016 5:35 pm

zestylemon07 wrote:I myself am from brisbane and would love to see a someone from the area help out and be a gan farmer. im sure im not the only one from the area hoping for some gan farmers
Hey mate. I live close to Brissy and I have a bunch of those small black iridomyrmex queens

zestylemon07

Mon Nov 28, 2016 1:21 am

chickenman297 wrote:
zestylemon07 wrote:I myself am from brisbane and would love to see a someone from the area help out and be a gan farmer. im sure im not the only one from the area hoping for some gan farmers
Hey mate. I live close to Brissy and I have a bunch of those small black iridomyrmex queens
I Managed to find a bunch a camponatus queens after a storm a little while ago so i'm all good for now :) TY for the offer. If u have some queens u should probs offer them through the gan project though and not the forum :)

chickenman297

Mon Nov 28, 2016 2:12 am

zestylemon07 wrote:
chickenman297 wrote:
I Managed to find a bunch a camponatus queens after a storm a little while ago so i'm all good for now :) TY for the offer. If u have some queens u should probs offer them through the gan project though and not the forum :)
I applied through the GAN project (just now again for the second time). I have only received one email from them when I asked them to change the species. They told me they were going to hold off for now. I have replied to that email several times confirming the species and asking to go ahead, but they have not replied. I reapplied this arvo.

Jwerta

Mon Dec 05, 2016 12:54 am

Any one doing any GAN in aus yet... would be interested in buying a queen

@KhaoticAnts any luck finding any Camponotus sp queens? (I know its only early summer)