Australian GAN Farmers

Learn how to obtain ant colonies for your formicariums or sell your ant colonies locally in a legal and ecologically-friendly manner through the GAN Project.

Moderator: ooper01

zestylemon07

Australian GAN Farmers

Fri Nov 04, 2016 1:00 am

Its surprising that their doesnt seem to be any GAN Farmers in australia currently. If you are to be a GAN Farmer in australia plz do it. Many people would love to get into the hobby but are worried about not being able to find a queen. Help the Australian community grow and contribute if u can.

zestylemon07

Re: Australian GAN Farmers

Fri Nov 04, 2016 1:07 am

I myself am from brisbane and would love to see a someone from the area help out and be a gan farmer. im sure im not the only one from the area hoping for some gan farmers

KhaoticAnts

Mon Nov 07, 2016 1:26 am

I've recently caught at least 50 queens all of which have begun to lay eggs so I was thinking of becoming a GAN farmer after the ants produce their nanitics, most of them are Aphaenogaster longiceps but hopefully during summer I can start to catch some Camponotus sp queens.

zestylemon07

Wed Nov 09, 2016 7:33 pm

KhaoticAnts wrote:I've recently caught at least 50 queens all of which have begun to lay eggs so I was thinking of becoming a GAN farmer after the ants produce their nanitics, most of them are Aphaenogaster longiceps but hopefully during summer I can start to catch some Camponotus sp queens.
That sounds awsome dude, Not sure if u would sell all 50 but u can make a decent amount of extra cash and help out the community.

shaky33

Fri Nov 11, 2016 5:59 am

KhaoticAnts wrote:I've recently caught at least 50 queens all of which have begun to lay eggs so I was thinking of becoming a GAN farmer after the ants produce their nanitics, most of them are Aphaenogaster longiceps but hopefully during summer I can start to catch some Camponotus sp queens.
Where are you from man?
Current Queens and or Colonies
Camponotus consobrinus
Myrmecia pilosula
Anonychomyrma sp.
Pheidole sp.
Camponotus sp.
Melaphorus sp.
Notoncus sp.
Dream Queen:
Cephalote varian

KhaoticAnts

Fri Nov 11, 2016 6:48 pm

Newcastle, NSW mate

chickenman297

Tue Nov 22, 2016 5:35 pm

zestylemon07 wrote:I myself am from brisbane and would love to see a someone from the area help out and be a gan farmer. im sure im not the only one from the area hoping for some gan farmers
Hey mate. I live close to Brissy and I have a bunch of those small black iridomyrmex queens
Ants
Prolasius sp.
Iridomyrmex sp.
Melophorus sp.
Polyrhachis sp.
Polyrhachis ammon

zestylemon07

Mon Nov 28, 2016 1:21 am

chickenman297 wrote:
zestylemon07 wrote:I myself am from brisbane and would love to see a someone from the area help out and be a gan farmer. im sure im not the only one from the area hoping for some gan farmers
Hey mate. I live close to Brissy and I have a bunch of those small black iridomyrmex queens
I Managed to find a bunch a camponatus queens after a storm a little while ago so i'm all good for now :) TY for the offer. If u have some queens u should probs offer them through the gan project though and not the forum :)

chickenman297

Mon Nov 28, 2016 2:12 am

zestylemon07 wrote:
chickenman297 wrote:
I Managed to find a bunch a camponatus queens after a storm a little while ago so i'm all good for now :) TY for the offer. If u have some queens u should probs offer them through the gan project though and not the forum :)
I applied through the GAN project (just now again for the second time). I have only received one email from them when I asked them to change the species. They told me they were going to hold off for now. I have replied to that email several times confirming the species and asking to go ahead, but they have not replied. I reapplied this arvo.
Ants
Prolasius sp.
Iridomyrmex sp.
Melophorus sp.
Polyrhachis sp.
Polyrhachis ammon

Jwerta

Mon Dec 05, 2016 12:54 am

Any one doing any GAN in aus yet... would be interested in buying a queen

@KhaoticAnts any luck finding any Camponotus sp queens? (I know its only early summer)