Texas needs a queen!

Learn how to obtain ant colonies for your formicariums or sell your ant colonies locally in a legal and ecologically-friendly manner through the GAN Project.

Moderator: ooper01

CaptainRedBeardd

Texas needs a queen!

Thu Sep 29, 2016 11:00 am

Hey everyone,

Looking for a queen in the West Texas area. I'm not sure the queen I have is going to lay any eggs and would like to get a colony going soon. Looking for a medium to large sized species. I would LOVE to get my hands on a Pogonomyrmex Rugosus. They are all over here but, they probably won't doing any more flights until spring.

Let me know what you have, please! Is shipping within Texas okay? I see a few GAN farmers near Houston but, that is WAY too long of a drive.. Haha. With the cooler weather, maybe shipping would be an option. I can ship to my work and will have them in my hands by 10am the next day.

Thoughts?

martinnate

Re: Texas needs a queen!

Wed Oct 26, 2016 7:31 am

its against the law to ship Queen ants in the US. I to am trying to get a Pogonomyrmex Queen. I currently have a Crematogastor colony that I got last June, and a Componotus colony that I got this March. The Componotus is large like Pogonomyrmex. They have huge majors but the minors are big too. If you can find one of them I think you will be as happy with them as you would with the Pogonomyrmex.
Happy hunting, I will try to collect as many as I can the next flight. Oh I'm in Abilene by the way and make trips that way at least once a year if not more.

CaptainRedBeardd

Re: Texas needs a queen!

Wed Oct 26, 2016 7:41 am

Aww poo, I thought shipping was legal within state lines. Oh well. I will collect queens next summer for sure. I have about 6 locations here in Midland with about 5-10 colonies of P.Rugosus a piece. I'm getting me a queen or a few! Haha. I have one across the street from my apartment that I actually feed to help them grow..lol.