The AntsCanada Global Ant Nursery Project™

Learn how to obtain ant colonies for your formicariums or sell your ant colonies locally in a legal and ecologically-friendly manner through the GAN Project.

Moderator: ooper01

Antscanada73

Re: The AntsCanada Global Ant Nursery Project™

Fri Jul 31, 2015 5:03 pm

Carl75 wrote:I think care of Lasius Niger and Lasius Flavus are very similar.
I don't want to look after them until I know if there is any difference between care or not.

JohnOther

Sat Aug 01, 2015 4:34 am

From my experiance Lasius Niger is more resistant to stress then Flavus.
Flavus is more active during the night, So that Means when observing them they get more stress then Lasius niger.

Also Flavus is a bit smaller in size right? (Escape Proof Setup)

antscanada
Main Forum Admin

Mon Aug 03, 2015 9:21 am

Domrom17 wrote:So if your not in the same state as the person selling you the ants, but are within 250 km of them, can you still purchase ants from them? Or does it have to be within state boundaries?
Even if you may be technically 2 minutes away, US law states that you cannot transport ants across State boarders, so yes you can only exchange ants within the same State. Our GAN Project enforces this law in all of our transactions.
Ant Love Forever.

New2Ants

Mon Aug 03, 2015 7:20 pm

I would love to buy ants here in Georgia, but I can't seem to find anyone in the GAN project selling them. But I should say that I prefer catching them by hand and dedicating a few hours a day to do so. :D

larynx

Tue Aug 04, 2015 4:19 pm

New2Ants wrote:I would love to buy ants here in Georgia, but I can't seem to find anyone in the GAN project selling them. But I should say that I prefer catching them by hand and dedicating a few hours a day to do so. :D
in Georgia here, ill be joining GAN this fall. :D we gotta get GA on the ant map!
Forum Moderator
AntsCanada GAN Farmer

antscanada
Main Forum Admin

Wed Aug 05, 2015 6:47 am

larynx wrote:
New2Ants wrote:I would love to buy ants here in Georgia, but I can't seem to find anyone in the GAN project selling them. But I should say that I prefer catching them by hand and dedicating a few hours a day to do so. :D
in Georgia here, ill be joining GAN this fall. :D we gotta get GA on the ant map!
I second that! I feel sad having to turn away inquiring ant lovers from GA asking to buy ants from neighbouring States. I simply tell them that we cannot sell to them because it is illegal to transport ants across State lines in US, and I assure them that one day someone from GA will sign up to be a GAN Farmer.

I dream of the day every State has at least one GAN Farmer.
Ant Love Forever.

AntsChina

Fri Aug 07, 2015 7:33 am

Hey Mikey,

I'm living in Guiyang, China. Either with workers or a bunch of brood, I've got:

2x Large Pheidole sp. (maybe P. noda or P. smythiesii)
4x Medium Pheidole sp. (I'm thinking P. indica)
1x Small Pheidole sp. (maybe P. pieli)

3x Crematogaster sp.
8x Nylanderia sp. (I'm thinking N. flavipes)
12x Lasius niger

Think you could help me find some people to take these ants off my hands? I'm well over 18, have proof of address, and a *** SPAM *** account.

-Travis

flavus

Fri Aug 07, 2015 8:41 am

AntsChina wrote:Hey Mikey,

I'm living in Guiyang, China. Either with workers or a bunch of brood, I've got:

3x Crematogaster sp.
12x Lasius niger

Think you could help me find some people to take these ants off my hands? I'm well over 18, have proof of address, and a *** SPAM *** account.

-Travis
This post has seller written all over it, on facebook too! Spammer.

AntsChina

Fri Aug 07, 2015 8:49 am

flavus wrote: This post has seller written all over it, on facebook too! Spammer.
Haha, why so much distrust? How many spammers do you think are trying to unload queen ants? :roll:

MadVampy
Main Forum Admin

Fri Aug 07, 2015 11:31 am

AntsChina wrote:Hey Mikey,

3x Crematogaster sp.
12x Lasius niger

-Travis
Want to join the AntsCanada Team and become a GAN Farmer?

For anyone interested in applying to be an official AntsCanada GAN Farmer (must be 18 yrs or older or must partner with a parent or guardian) to sell queen ants/colonies to local ant lovers, please contact us to inquire about our recruitment process. We are currently looking particularly for individuals from major cities in the US, Canada, UK, Australia, Asia, South America, and Europe. Some restrictions apply and proof of address and age will be required.

http://AntsCanada.com/live-queens-for-sale

Please refer to the AntsCanada web site concerning becoming a GAN FARMER. Please do not post as you did above because it could be taken as trying to sell your ants via the forums and that is strictly prohibited.

Thanks,
MadVampy

Head Forum Admin
Name is also Mike but please don't confuse me with Mikey Bustos, two different people. :lol:
Keeper of Solenopsis Ants. :twisted: