The AntsCanada Global Ant Nursery Project™

Learn how to obtain ant colonies for your formicariums or sell your ant colonies locally in a legal and ecologically-friendly manner through the GAN Project.

Moderator: ooper01

EazyE22

Re: The AntsCanada Global Ant Nursery Project™

Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:24 pm

Ok I see what you mean thanks

Jadeninja9

Fri Oct 06, 2017 7:50 pm

ooper01 wrote:
Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:15 pm
Jadeninja9 wrote:
Fri Oct 06, 2017 4:54 pm
ooper01 wrote:
Fri Oct 06, 2017 7:56 am
The GAN Project is currently being overhauled on the AntsCanada.com web site. I don't see any GAN Farmers in Brooklyn NY right now, but you should check back periodically over the next month or so and see.

Mailing ants is prohibited as part of the GAN Farmer agreement.
What do you mean it's being overhauled?
GAN Farmers are being given the ability to update and maintain their own listings of queen ants that they have for sale. Up until now, GAN Farmers have contacted AntsCanada staff to let them know when they needed to change their listings. This has become too big of a job for AC, so we are modifying the web site to allow for these changes to be made directly by the individual GAN Farmers. All the same rules still apply for buying and selling colonies.

Sorry if I made it sound like more than it really is ;)
Oh that's really cool. Hopefully if my Queens' eggs ever develop I can join and start making some money.
Keeper of:
1x Camponotus Hyatti
1x Lasius alienus colonies
1x Tetramorium immigrans

EazyE22

Sat Oct 07, 2017 2:14 pm

can you catchy ant queens in octover

Phoenix

Re: Inquiry

Sat Oct 07, 2017 10:14 pm

^ Lasius Spp, Myrmica Spp, Ponera Spp.
Next Time - Make A Separate Thread When Inquiring Questions Unrelated To The Topic.
'Have Fun.' - Gabe Newell

YashaJeria

Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:12 pm

Um... Hi. Are there any Gan farmers in or around Lincoln or Omaha Nebraska?

ooper01
Head Moderator

Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:21 pm

YashaJeria wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:12 pm
Um... Hi. Are there any Gan farmers in or around Lincoln or Omaha Nebraska?
The list of GAN Farmers fluctuates a lot due to running out of queens. When a GAN Farmer runs out of queens, he is removed from the list. You just have to keep checking every couple of weeks.
~ ooper

Forum Moderator

VisualDarkness

Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:16 pm

I applied quite a while ago (and got the "three work days" mail" to sell queens and even mailed to AntsCanada but I don't get any reply nor get accepted. Is there any problems with it?

ooper01
Head Moderator

Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:38 pm

VisualDarkness wrote:
Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:16 pm
I applied quite a while ago (and got the "three work days" mail" to sell queens and even mailed to AntsCanada but I don't get any reply nor get accepted. Is there any problems with it?
Looking into this...
~ ooper

Forum Moderator

QueenAnt

Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:30 am

That was the same problem with me. I had applied and gotten the same 2 to 3 business days. Got nothing and re did the application.
A Queen In Search of Queens

Hunter36o

Tue Jul 03, 2018 4:24 am

I have a question for the gan project as i am torn between what is right and what is life. What if we do have situations where an imported ant colony (like red fire ants) is about to be released but are in a position to take in the ants? I know the gan does not support the importation of ants but can we ignore this if taking in such a colony saves them being released into the wild or worse. Killed? Take for example that I am from Ireland so we have a very limited range of ants so people are going to import some. Do i let them die or destroy the local area (both of these options to not sit well with me for life is life regardless of size and origin) or do I take them in to save both them and the local environment/ local ants?

I do support the idea that importing ants is a no go on multiple levels. But i feel i cannot support the murder of a whole colony because someone imported ants and can no longer take care of them for what ever reason! It is too cruel to let them die no?
Research is important before during and even after you have established a colony. There is always time to learn and to listen to others experiences. Live by this and your ants will thrive. Fail to do so and your experience may be brief.