ants flew in Cisco Texas...

Where and when are you finding queen ants? A section to share nuptial flight schedules by ant species and locality

Moderator: ooper01

martinnate

ants flew in Cisco Texas...

Sun Mar 27, 2016 12:00 pm

Well I was in Cisco Texas yesterday Sat. March 26, 2016 at my brothers house visiting for Easter and a large queen with wings ran across my path, (not sure what she was, red body with black gaster) when I tried to pick her up she flew away :( but when I was cleaning the pool there was lots of ants that I hope are queens b/c I went a head and collected them, they all had wings and some of them flew before I could get them in something. I got about 8 out of the pool. While I was doing that my Brother's girlfriend's son yelled "I found a huge queen" and sure enough she was. I'm not sure what she is. I think she is Camponotus sp. I'm trying to post the pics. Its taking forever to upload from my phone to my laptop lol I will reply with the pic on here and I'm going to be posting all the ants in the Ant ID forum. GAN Project here I come lol

martinnate

Re: ants flew in Cisco Texas...

Sun Mar 27, 2016 12:11 pm

Ok here she is, I hope you all enjoy. Sorry for the bad pic, I took a lot of her but these were the best 4