Minnesota nuptial flights

Where and when are you finding queen ants? A section to share nuptial flight schedules by ant species and locality

Moderator: ooper01

DraxusPro

Minnesota nuptial flights

Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:51 pm

Hey Minnesotans this is a forum for you! :D plz reply with any nuptial flights you see! :D

AntsDakota

Re: Minnesota nuptial flights

Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:14 pm

DraxusPro wrote:
Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:51 pm
Hey Minnesotans this is a forum for you! :D plz reply with any nuptial flights you see! :D
I know I'm not from Minnesota, but being from your neighbor, the same climate and weather, I figured our nuptial flights happen about the same time. I spotted Camponotus pennsylvanicus in the last week of May, and Lasius neoniger and Solenopsis molesta on the same day, around labor day. I spottted Myrmica sp. about a week after.
"God made every kind of wild beasts and every kind of livestock and every kind of creeping things;" (including ants) "and God saw that it was good." Genesis 1:25

AntGalMN

Re: Minnesota nuptial flights

Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:14 pm

Hello, new ant keeper here! I’m located in the Saint Paul area of Minnesota. Shoreview-ish, not exact for privacy. I caught a camponotus queen last Thursday. I’m going to go out looking tomorrow and Thursday. Hopefully it will be nice and humid and these rainstorms will encourage some nuptial flights! :D