Lasius neoniger is flying!

Where and when are you finding queen ants? A section to share nuptial flight schedules by ant species and locality

Moderator: ooper01

Ants4fun

Lasius neoniger is flying!

Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:21 pm

I stepped outside this afternoon at around five. It was nice out, but it had been cool, and rained, the past week. I looked over and saw lots of lasius neoniger alates. At first I though someone just lifted up a rock that had a colony inderneath, when suddenly they where all over. I drove back to my house, and on the way home, there where millions of alates fluttering through the sky. It was heaven. I had dreamed about the grand Lasius neoniger flights, but I had never experienced one! I limited myself to 54 queens. I in groups of 25 (1) 6(1) 3 (1) 2 (1) and 1 (18) two where especially yellow, and possibly lasius flavus. I put them two by themselves. It was really cold for August, which must have triggered their flights. Keep on the look out! As Mikey Bustos would say, Lasius love is in the air!

antscanada
Main Forum Admin

Re: Lasius neoniger is flying!

Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:57 pm

Wow! Lasius love is definitely in the air. Thanks for the heads up! That's a lot of queens. Now you really have to join the GAM Team soon! :D
Ant Love Forever.

Camponotus

Re: Lasius neoniger is flying!

Thu Aug 27, 2015 12:35 pm

you should sell those queens in GAN