Nuptial Flight: West TN & surrounding areas

Where and when are you finding queen ants? A section to share nuptial flight schedules by ant species and locality

Moderators: larynx, ooper01

xTNxANTMANx

Nuptial Flight: West TN & surrounding areas

Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:17 am

I'm hoping to start this thread with the luck of meeting fellow ant enthusiast in the Wes TN area as well as relaying info on nuptial flights/sightings. With luck, it will be here soon. I also plan to try to be a GAN farmer in my area. Hoping to have a great year in catching many queens. :) Good luck everyone
Keeper of:
Aphaenogaster fulva
Tapinoma sessile
Camponotus subbarbatus

xTNxANTMANx

Re: Nuptial Flight: West TN & surrounding areas

Tue Mar 07, 2017 5:40 am

So, I can see there's a lot of activity around my area...lol. Any luck guys? I have found 1 unidentified Queen with a few workers so far. They are doing great. I shall post pictures to get them identify soon as I can. Hopefully in the next day or two. If there's anyone around my area feel free to message. Would love to have a partner in crime :-)
Keeper of:
Aphaenogaster fulva
Tapinoma sessile
Camponotus subbarbatus

warhawk373

Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:34 am

I'm in western Kentucky, so just north of you, and the weather doesn't look so great here. It was warm one week and now it's freezing. I haven't seen a single ant yet. Hopefully they are just huddled up waiting for a good consistent amount of warm weather. Once it looks clear I'm going to check around my public pool (xD everyone drops food there so lots of ant colonies) I'll report back if I find anything but it might be a while, this whole week is below 50

xTNxANTMANx

Fri Mar 17, 2017 12:01 pm

Well, according to the weather app I have, they temp starting today will be in the 60s and 70s for at least a week. :o Hoping I can get some queens! CANT WAIT
Keeper of:
Aphaenogaster fulva
Tapinoma sessile
Camponotus subbarbatus

warhawk373

Sat Mar 18, 2017 1:16 pm

xTNxANTMANx wrote:
Fri Mar 17, 2017 12:01 pm
Well, according to the weather app I have, they temp starting today will be in the 60s and 70s for at least a week. :o Hoping I can get some queens! CANT WAIT
Same here, I'll defiantly be on the look-out