website to track nuptual flights

Where and when are you finding queen ants? A section to share nuptial flight schedules by ant species and locality

Moderator: ooper01

Jakeksobiech

website to track nuptual flights

Thu May 09, 2019 5:49 pm

Go to taxonomers.com and add info on when and where you are finding your queens. This site could become a wonderful resource but in needs your help. It is made with user info and is world wide. The US is falling behind on info but if this takes off it will give everyone a great idea of when to get out and find the ant queen of your dreams. When you do, take a good pic of the ant. Also take a note of the time and location and any notes about the conditions. Like did it just rain, or was it about to. Is it hotter or colder than recent days, more Humid?
Last year I had been collecting this kind of info on a note on my phone. Because I wanted a better idea of when to find new queens. Now I can go back and plug some of that info into the site, but in the future I can just drop it in the website with the most up to date info. It is also a great way of finding out what kinds of ants are available in your area

Jgibbss

Re: website to track nuptual flights

Sat Jun 01, 2019 2:24 pm

thanks!