Lasius Niger

Share your Ant Journals, Youtube Channels, and Blogs with the global ant community

Moderator: ooper01

WillWithAnts

Re: Lasius Niger

Sat Mar 26, 2016 3:32 pm

NikolaMladenovic wrote:I could really need some help right now. I am freaking out because my ants are dying fast as a wildfire! In the beginning I thought it had to do with age but there is only 3 workers left!! 1 of them cares for the brood and the other 2 are walking around in the outworld searching for something that isn't the queen, food or water. They are ingnoring the food i give them (mealworms and honey) and they also ignore the lone queen that still is in the testtube! It has happened that they have found her and then just leaves her in the testtube alone. I'm really worried for this colony and I hope that all of them don't die.
Help please!!
A similar thing happened to my two young Camponotus colonies I had last summer. They eventually died out :( . You can read their story from the "2015 Journal" link in my signature if you want. Maybe we can find something in common that causes the problem! Best of luck!

NikolaMladenovic

Re: Lasius Niger

Sat Mar 26, 2016 5:42 pm

WillWithAnts wrote:
NikolaMladenovic wrote:I could really need some help right now. I am freaking out because my ants are dying fast as a wildfire! In the beginning I thought it had to do with age but there is only 3 workers left!! 1 of them cares for the brood and the other 2 are walking around in the outworld searching for something that isn't the queen, food or water. They are ingnoring the food i give them (mealworms and honey) and they also ignore the lone queen that still is in the testtube! It has happened that they have found her and then just leaves her in the testtube alone. I'm really worried for this colony and I hope that all of them don't die.
Help please!!
A similar thing happened to my two young Camponotus colonies I had last summer. They eventually died out :( . You can read their story from the "2015 Journal" link in my signature if you want. Maybe we can find something in common that causes the problem! Best of luck!
I think that we can talk about this using the private chat maybe? I will send you a mail
I'm very ANThusiastic :lol: