Lasius Niger

Share your Ant Journals, Youtube Channels, and Blogs with the global ant community

Moderator: ooper01

antscanada
Main Forum Admin

Re: Lasius Niger

Mon Jul 27, 2015 9:42 am

Sweet! Looking forward to this blog! Welcome to ACAF! :)
Ant Love Forever.

Antscanada73

Wed Jul 29, 2015 7:04 am

Hey I am going to be looking after lasuis niger aswell good luck on your queens. Also what are you gonna feed them?

Antscanada73

Wed Jul 29, 2015 7:07 am

Take a picture and show us then we might be able to brain storm with you :D

Antscanada73

Wed Jul 29, 2015 4:57 pm

NikolaMladenovic wrote:
Antscanada73 wrote:Take a picture and show us then we might be able to brain storm with you :D
I was actually trying to get some pictures but i couldn't send because they was to large to post. But i will try to send some foorage of them! And btw guys thank you soooooo much for following my journal because it really warms my heart to know that people take time from thier day to read and ask me stuff ;)!!! Stay awesome guys!!

#antloveforever

Nikola.M
Hey well you can always ask me about anything aswell if you are having problems. Also it might be worth you looking after mealworms so you can have superworms and mealworms. Remember that is just what I suggest and if you didn't know superworms can feed a colony for a day,p.s that is what Mikey said in a video.

Antscanada73

Thu Jul 30, 2015 5:58 am

NikolaMladenovic wrote:Yeah... I will buy mealworms aswell so my colonys can try them. And i finally managed to get a picture in this mail so go and check it out!!! 8-). I will send a new mail with a picture of my other Queen! Even thoe it's 12 Pm here in Sweden or 00:10. Stay awesome guys!

#antloveforever

Nikola.M
OK I see what you mean I can only see 2 of the eggs though. Just keep posting pictures of her if there is anything different.

Carl75

Wed Aug 05, 2015 11:11 am

You may loose one of both queens due to fighting. I would leave them in their separate test tubes until the colonies get to large. Get one hybrid nest and maybe make 1 nest. There are videos on how to build nests and out worlds.

They can be inexpensive to make and work well. A simple box with test tube for the nest.

Rovvov99

Sat Aug 08, 2015 7:27 am

NikolaMladenovic wrote:I don't really know if i can make one so i will just have to make them live in the same nest :cry:
If you put them together they will kill each other, they have developed a different scent so they will see each other as enemies and start to fight.
Carl75 wrote:You may loose one of both queens due to fighting. I would leave them in their separate test tubes until the colonies get to large. Get one hybrid nest and maybe make 1 nest. There are videos on how to build nests and out worlds.

They can be inexpensive to make and work well. A simple box with test tube for the nest.
I think that is your best option aswell. And making a homemade nest really isn't as hard as it looks, I'm not that handy (really clumsy actually) and even I could do it. :)

Carl75

Sat Aug 08, 2015 1:15 pm

Basic setup could be test tube in another container. Test tube is the nest and the rest of the container Is the out world.

Be sure to apply deterrent around the edges of the container to help prevent escapesThe Internet will explain what it means

Another test tube with sugar water and a lid to place food.

Additional test tubes can be added for extra nest space.

Benbo1

Mon Aug 10, 2015 1:28 am

To get them started you should try feeding them fruit fly that you have killed cockroach might be too big!

Benbo1

Wed Aug 12, 2015 10:36 am

Thnx for the advise my Lasius Niger has just payed a batch of eggs!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.