Ant Journal | Solenopsis Molesta (Thief Ants)

Share your Ant Journals, Youtube Channels, and Blogs with the global ant community

Moderator: ooper01

AntsOntario

Re: Ant Journal | Solenopsis Molesta (Thief Ants)

Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:40 pm

PTasker15 wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:06 pm
AntsOntario wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2017 4:18 pm
PTasker15 wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2017 11:36 am
OMG This Accedintuly Helped Me!I HAVE A S.MOLESTA COLONY NOT A L.HUMILE THX!Here My Colony Of Them!
Glad I could help! :D
Umm My Workers All Died.The Queen Is Fine.Theres A Worker That Should Expose Tommorow.So..How Do I Get Them To Steal Brood?Also,Can I Use Brood From Solenopsis Invicta?
They steal brood to eat and feed their own larvae. They don't actually raise them, as far as I know. You can try adding brood of the same species, and see if they accept it though. :D

antsRlife

Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:54 pm

OK, I've been moving rejected eggs from one of my camponotus spp and a new queen loves having a lot of brood, so that would probably work.
Queens only:
Myrmecia Pilosula (6 larvae, 1 pupae)

Early Stage Nests:
x1 Anonychromyrma (15-20 workers)

AntsDakota

Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:36 am

Their queens only live about a year, due to their small size. Yet a single queen can grow her colony to a few thousand in that period of time. At the peak of their egg laying, they should lay about 100 or so eggs a day!😲
"God made every kind of wild beasts and every kind of livestock and every kind of creeping things;" (including ants) "and God saw that it was good." Genesis 1:25