Tetramorium caespitum Colony

Share your Ant Journals, Youtube Channels, and Blogs with the global ant community

Moderator: ooper01

Messormad

Tetramorium caespitum Colony

Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:07 am

Hello am new to this forum room, I fort put my colony up of Tetramorium caespitum they had lot down hill before I got my hybrid nest and Ac outworld as before I only had them in a big test tube and home
Made out world so lost lot workers due them getting out but the population is well over 1k workers and loads brood now with heat and
Lot food and due been in hybrid nest seen lot difference in the colony this is not my only colony I have

idahoantgirl

Re: Tetramorium caespitum Colony

Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:17 am

Messormad wrote:
Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:07 am
Hello am new to this forum room, I fort put my colony up of Tetramorium caespitum they had lot down hill before I got my hybrid nest and Ac outworld as before I only had them in a big test tube and home
Made out world so lost lot workers due them getting out but the population is well over 1k workers and loads brood now with heat and
Lot food and due been in hybrid nest seen lot difference in the colony this is not my only colony I have
Sounds like fun! Good work!
Proverbs 6:6-8

Go to the ant, you sluggard;
consider its ways and be wise!
It has no commander,
no overseer or ruler,
yet it stores its provisions in summer
and gathers its food at harvest.

Keeping Tetramorium immigrans, Tapinoma Sessile

Messormad

Re: Tetramorium caespitum Colony

Fri Mar 24, 2017 3:14 pm

Thanks it's great to watch them on hunt just feed them large dubia roach tonight and watched them going back telling others in the nest found food and watch them come
Out of the hybrid nest into to Ac world