Hugh's Three Queens

Share your Ant Journals, Youtube Channels, and Blogs with the global ant community

Moderator: ooper01

AntsNewZealand

Hugh's Three Queens

Thu Dec 01, 2016 12:38 am

Hello guys,
I thought I wound make a posted on here so I can talk about my three queen ants, Batspiderfish said I have one Iridomyrmex sp. and two Ochetellus
My mum found me the Iridomyrmex on the 22/11/16
I found the two Ochetllus out side my house on some brick work, about 9-10weeks ago and after about 1-2 week I had eggs!

They really don't like me looking at them, I look at them once a week but now going to look at them every two weeks
here are some photos of them

http://imgur.com/gallery/anK5z
Ochetellus x2

http://imgur.com/a/ectvK
Iridomyrmex sp.

why do they only have eggs? I kept them in my room, where the heat changes a lot lowest 15c hightest 30c (60-85F)
is that to cold?
Just thought I would make a post, if you have a question please just ask

Thanks

Hugh

AntsNewZealand

Re: Hugh's Three Queens

Sat Jan 14, 2017 7:57 pm

HI guys,

Just a little update, I now have 4 queens (I had 5 but one died 2 days after I got it, in that time it laid a few eggs)

The new one that I got I found under a rock at my house, went I found it, it had no eggs or anything that I could see. The first 3 queens that I got have about 3 small larvae each!

I will try to get some photos of the larvae and more photos of the queens in the next few days.

Cale3459

Sat Jan 14, 2017 9:28 pm

Could you please embed your images in your posts like so:
It will make viewing your journal much easier. Good Luck!

Batspiderfish

Sat Jan 14, 2017 11:07 pm

Cale3459 wrote:Could you please embed your images in your posts like so:
It will make viewing your journal much easier. Good Luck!
Thank you! :)

If anybody has trouble finding this URL box on the webpage, try right-clicking and looking for something like "view image". That should produce the link which works between the image brackets.
If you enjoy my expertise and identifications, please do not put wild populations at risk of disease by releasing pet colonies. We are responsible to give our pets the best care we can manage for the rest of their lives.