My queen ant journal

Share your Ant Journals, Youtube Channels, and Blogs with the global ant community

Moderator: ooper01

SYUTEO

Re: My queen ant journal

Tue Jun 20, 2023 8:49 pm

Antloverhuman wrote:
Tue Jun 20, 2023 8:09 am
20 June 2023
I've been feeding them all sorts of things. Gave them boiled eggs which they ate super fast. Today i have them a piece of sliced cheese which they also ate. I have them some ice cream too but they didn't care about that
Also 500 posts :D
Well, ice cream is cold, and tropical ants don't like cold stuff. They probably will take it once it melts.

Antloverhuman

Tue Jun 20, 2023 11:45 pm

SYUTEO wrote:
Tue Jun 20, 2023 8:49 pm
Antloverhuman wrote:
Tue Jun 20, 2023 8:09 am
20 June 2023
I've been feeding them all sorts of things. Gave them boiled eggs which they ate super fast. Today i have them a piece of sliced cheese which they also ate. I have them some ice cream too but they didn't care about that
Also 500 posts :D
Well, ice cream is cold, and tropical ants don't like cold stuff. They probably will take it once it melts.
No they never ate it :/
Really it's just the carbohydrates part these ants are picky in. I know they eat honey, jam and oranges but thats all.
There are some mealybugs in my hibiscus plant which the pheidoli parva colony constantly tends to. I'm thinking i could cut some part of that plant with mealybugs amd give them to my colony as a stable sugar source
Ants I have-
camponotus compressus colony- the shadow warriors.
Pls just let me have a tetramorium colony

Antloverhuman

Sun Jun 25, 2023 11:53 pm

26 June 2023
https://photos.app.goo.gl/oSwGBPrMTRWL3DDY7
Here are some pics of their nest. Lots of cocoons and alot of eggs are there. They've started putting some trash on the hydration chamber but that doesn't matter really.

Also monsoon arrived here and alot of male campo compressus were flying. The one pheidoli parva colony that lives in my bathroom had their nuptial flight but the balcony ones didn't so i couldn't get any mated queens :( (money declined
I saw one queen alate and pit her with a male alate but they didn't mate so i guess they were from the same colony. I'm wishing the bathroom colony doesn't send out all the alates yet and i can get some queens to sell from the balcony colony
Ants I have-

Antloverhuman

Thu Jun 29, 2023 10:09 am

29 June 2023
So i caught a bunch of termite alates and froze some of them but gave some to them for live feeding. It's not the first time i have life fed them termite alates but this time i saw Jeff absolutely destroying two of them. Like he just took one bite and the alate was dead (meanwhile it takes like 5 minutes for 4 normal workers to kill them )
I recorded the feeding but for some reason my phone lagged and didn't record the cool parts. I think only one Jeff kill was recorded which was laggy. I tried feeding them more live one's two days later when i caught more but they were bored so no Jeff action was there
Ants I have-

Antloverhuman

Mon Jul 10, 2023 3:31 am

10 July 2023
Man yesterday was a crazy thunderstorm. I literally saw a lightning bolt hit a building far away.(today was our exam but the school got cancelled)
The ants aren't foraging now but their growth is consistent. I saw a fat larvae which could be jeff or some alate. Now I'm getting alot of male camponotus compressus alates but no queen (as soon as i released that one, three alates found me).
The parva colony in my pots is just not having a nuptial flight. The bathroom one had alot but i couldn't do anything.
Ants I have-

Antloverhuman

Thu Jul 13, 2023 4:39 am

13 July 2023
Guys, i am very sad to announce that our beloved Jeff has finally passed away. I noticed yesterday that he was not moving much and he soon died. He was the colony's first ever major and served his empire for almost two years. Rest in peace Jeff, you will never be forgotten.

R.I.P
Jeff The First
27 October 2021- 12 July 2023
Ants I have-

Antloverhuman

Sun Jul 16, 2023 11:25 am

16 July 2023
Got another parva queen (and this one's bright red. I'm sorta thinking she's something else). Saw an ant getting out of the cocoon and decided to record a video of it but they panicked because of the flashlight (i guess that's why you guys have your campos adjusted to light). Also looks like a batch of em is dying because three of them died simultaneouslybig word used . Every time it happens i feel like i fed them something wrong and its the end of my colony
Ants I have-

Antloverhuman

Mon Aug 07, 2023 12:23 pm

7 August, 2023
I fed them some honey and alot of them came out to eat. It's actually been a while since i fed them last.

The pheidoli parva queen i caught now has some workers so i put it up on GAN and hopefully i get some money
also our whole class has decided to bully our maths teacher by literally not cooperating with anything but the also doesn't really teach well and is annoying so i see why they're doing it
Ants I have-

Antloverhuman

Sun Aug 20, 2023 8:25 am

20 August 2023
Nothing much happening. I fed them 3 termite alate and gave them a thin stick which they are intrigued by. Also i think this species may have super major as in school i saw some huge majors about the size of the queen. I will have to wait and see if its true
Ants I have-

Beastaura

Sun Aug 27, 2023 12:00 pm

Hii ant lover i wanna ask about if u sell colony and accessories in india.i have hard time finding those