Update Camponotus C.

Share your Ant Journals, Youtube Channels, and Blogs with the global ant community

Moderator: ooper01

Jharrell23867

Update Camponotus C.

Mon Oct 03, 2016 4:15 pm

Queen has 3 workers now after 3 months going on 4... extremely slow growing... was hoping they would grow a bit faster than this... one worker a month seems to be the average. Curious to know if there is a way to speed up colony growth?

One of the workers seems to be a little bit off... when i check on them to remove old food & the tube gets disturbed in the slightest the rest hide under the queen but one seems to charge outside (screaming Leroy Jenkins!!! in my head) like she is not scared of anything. Very amusing as she is the only one to show any real signs of life as the rest just sit like statues.

The only real signs of activity to which i have not witnessed my self are the pile of cotton fibers in the center of the founding chamber & the old empty egg sacks laying in the out world... other than that i am not even sure they are eating the food i put in... Honey, banana chips & cereal mostly... tried a piece of a chicken tender once for protein.

MichiganAnts

Re: Update Camponotus C.

Wed Oct 12, 2016 6:52 pm

where do you live? ants in the US and UK are going to hibernate now. so activity and egg laying should be slowing and stopping until spring.