Harvester Ant Farm!

Share your Ant Journals, Youtube Channels, and Blogs with the global ant community

Moderator: ooper01

Antlover84

Re: Harvester Ant Farm!

Thu Sep 29, 2016 7:34 am

Days 8 & 9 Have been the site of a LOT of progress! I have yet to see the ants cut down more stalks of the plants, maybe it's because the plants CONTINUE to grow! :o i'm just in shock that these plants have grown in the bottom of my little ant hill! What is good about these plants though, is that they condensate a pot of the water around them, making droplets. I think the ants might be using these to hydrate! Further study is required, but as soon as they learn to climb the plants, they'll find the water! I think all is well now in the colony, as tunnel excavation has continued, and the ants haven't resumed building an escape ladder out of the ant hill. I'll keep you guys posted!

Ant love forever,
Antlover84

MichiganAnts

Thu Sep 29, 2016 11:30 am

if plants are growing down in the dirt, arent you worried about them pushing up and collapsing tunnels?

Antlover84

Fri Sep 30, 2016 8:39 pm

No, because they are growing outside of the ant hill, not inside. I also haven't done any updates because things have kinda stayed pretty samey!

CaptainRedBeardd

Thu Oct 06, 2016 11:21 am

*Begins chant: "WE WANT PICTURES! WE WANT PICTURES!"*

Haha =D