P. floridana, P. moerens, D. bureni Youtube video

Share your Ant Journals, Youtube Channels, and Blogs with the global ant community

Moderator: ooper01

Aaron567

P. floridana, P. moerens, D. bureni Youtube video

Tue Sep 06, 2016 5:53 pm

I recorded videos of my Pheidole floridana, Pheidole moerens, and Dorymyrmex bureni queens on my camera with a macro lens and I put them together in this YouTube video. The video might automatically be bad quality, but there is an option to change it to up to 1080p if you want to see the most detail. I will make another video in the future featuring the two Pheidole queens in this video, but my third Pheidole queen (P. obscurithorax) will replace the D. bureni queen. And basically these will be like video journals. You may have to click "watch on youtube" to see full screen.

MCWren

Re: P. floridana, P. moerens, D. bureni Youtube video

Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:47 pm

Awesome, I wish I had Pheidole! Also, it's nanitic, not nantic.

Aaron567

Sat Sep 10, 2016 3:41 pm

MCWren wrote:Awesome, I wish I had Pheidole! Also, it's nanitic, not nantic.
Wow.. I've always thought it was nantic. I did some research and apparently other people also think it is nantic. Some websites even spell it like that haha: http://antark.net/ant-life/ant-life-cycle/ant-pupae/

Thanks for correcting me!

MCWren

Sat Sep 10, 2016 4:17 pm

Aaron567 wrote:
MCWren wrote:Awesome, I wish I had Pheidole! Also, it's nanitic, not nantic.
Wow.. I've always thought it was nantic. I did some research and apparently other people also think it is nantic. Some websites even spell it like that haha: http://antark.net/ant-life/ant-life-cycle/ant-pupae/

Thanks for correcting me!
No problem. I don't know why, but there are a ton of people who say nantic, it's a very common mistake.