tetramorium journal

Share your Ant Journals, Youtube Channels, and Blogs with the global ant community

Moderator: ooper01

larynx

Re: tetramorium journal

Fri Jun 10, 2016 8:02 pm

MadVampy wrote:
AntsRule wrote:You know what it is not there any more, It used to be because I did use it once plus there is a FAQ on it :D

How do I bump my topic?
By clicking the “Bump topic” link when you are viewing it, you can “bump” the topic to the top of the forum on the first page. However, if you do not see this, then topic bumping may be disabled or the time allowance between bumps has not yet been reached. It is also possible to bump the topic simply by replying to it, however, be sure to follow the board rules when doing so.
There has never been a "Bump" button on this forum. :D Oh and I should know! ;)
yeah, i didnt think so. lol
Forum Moderator
AntsCanada GAN Farmer

MadVampy
Main Forum Admin

Fri Jun 10, 2016 8:03 pm

AntsRule wrote:WHAT! :o I could have sworn on it, I must be going crazy! :lol: Thanks :D
Good Sir we're all Crazy! Just ask anyone when we tell them we have ants as pets! LOL
MadVampy

Head Forum Admin
Name is also Mike but please don't confuse me with Mikey Bustos, two different people. :lol:
Keeper of Solenopsis Ants. :twisted:

AntsRule

Fri Jun 10, 2016 9:06 pm

MadVampy wrote:
AntsRule wrote:WHAT! :o I could have sworn on it, I must be going crazy! :lol: Thanks :D
Good Sir we're all Crazy! Just ask anyone when we tell them we have ants as pets! LOL
touche
With all the things ants can do, you wonder, who rules the planet :?

Keeper of:
Camponotus Pennsylvanicus
Pheidole sp.

idahoantgirl

Sat Jun 11, 2016 12:13 pm

larynx wrote:the Lasius sp. ive worked with take forever to get from eggs to workers. i dont really know about Tetramorium sp. im also unsure of the size comparison, as i have not really worked with either sp. too much.
as far as nest selection. i would put Lasius sp. in one with more visibility. i say this because IMO Lasius sp. workers look really cool.
what does IMO mean?
Proverbs 6:6-8

Go to the ant, you sluggard;
consider its ways and be wise!
It has no commander,
no overseer or ruler,
yet it stores its provisions in summer
and gathers its food at harvest.

Keeping Tetramorium immigrans, Tapinoma Sessile

MadVampy
Main Forum Admin

Sat Jun 11, 2016 12:15 pm

idahoantgirl wrote:what does IMO mean?
In My Opinion
MadVampy

Head Forum Admin
Name is also Mike but please don't confuse me with Mikey Bustos, two different people. :lol:

idahoantgirl

Sat Jun 11, 2016 12:16 pm

MadVampy wrote:
idahoantgirl wrote:what does IMO mean?
In My Opinion
oh, okay! (I'm sooo behind the times) :lol:

It has no commander,
no overseer or ruler,

MadVampy
Main Forum Admin

Sat Jun 11, 2016 12:21 pm

Hey I'm 48 and I've had to try and keep up with all of it...... with all these acronyms that come up because of texting it's hard to at times.
MadVampy

Head Forum Admin

idahoantgirl

Sat Jul 09, 2016 3:17 pm

Good news: the first two nanitics arrived for one of my tetramorium queens! one of the others should have hers in the next couple of days!

Bad news;
The experimental colony that had two queens was flooded. they appeared dead so I threw them out. then I learned that they were probably still alive but the brood was dead. :(

It has no commander,
no overseer or ruler,

JoeHostile

Fri Jul 22, 2016 7:19 am

There's a good chance that maybe they were still alive. I've seen ants floating in water in test tubes for a whole day only to see them get up and act fine several hours later. I know I threw out a whole bunch of Tetramorium queens that I thought were drowned. They probably later climbed out of my garbage and could be laying eggs in my house right now! I have a retro prom queen now with a bunch of eggs and am wondering when they will enclose. I see from your ants that it took about a month. How are they doing now?

idahoantgirl

Fri Jul 22, 2016 11:34 am

JoeHostile wrote:There's a good chance that maybe they were still alive. I've seen ants floating in water in test tubes for a whole day only to see them get up and act fine several hours later. I know I threw out a whole bunch of Tetramorium queens that I thought were drowned. They probably later climbed out of my garbage and could be laying eggs in my house right now! I have a retro prom queen now with a bunch of eggs and am wondering when they will enclose. I see from your ants that it took about a month. How are they doing now?
Yeah I learned that they were probably still alive after i flushed them down the toilet. :? But to answer your question I now only have two tetramorium colonies. the one that had four queens killed the other three during egg stage and then produced 3 workers before i released them. I decided to take the brood from that colony and give it to one of my prospering tetramorium colonies before releasing it. then I flushed the colony with two queens that I was sure had drowned down the toilet. Now I have two colonies left. I have the one that has extra brood from the colony I have realeased, and I have one other tetramorium queen. The first one has 13 -15 workers and the second 12 -14.

It has no commander,
no overseer or ruler,