tetramorium journal

Share your Ant Journals, Youtube Channels, and Blogs with the global ant community

Moderator: ooper01

idahoantgirl

Re: tetramorium journal

Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:35 pm

carsonman99 wrote:
Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:33 am
Just read this journal and would really like some pictures of this colony it sounds awesome. My tetramorium queen is about to have her first workers :D
Yeah, I'd like to, but I don't have photobucket or any of those other things that work, so I can't. /;
Proverbs 6:6-8

Go to the ant, you sluggard;
consider its ways and be wise!
It has no commander,
no overseer or ruler,
yet it stores its provisions in summer
and gathers its food at harvest.

Keeping Tetramorium immigrans, Tapinoma Sessile

idahoantgirl

Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:24 pm

Ok, so good news: My ants have basically filled the entire nest!

Bad news: I had my outworld all decorated with grout and sticks and moss and rocks and everything, and then I run into my room and somehow managed to throw my entire ant setup across the room! :? :shock: So all the grout in my outworld broke and fell out...the connection between the nest and the outworld came out, and ants poured everywhere.
Yay.
I grabbed the cotton, stuffed the openings closed and began to clean up the ants on my carpet and stick them in the outworld. It turned out alright, nothing important was broken, and thanks to the solid 3d printing of the hybrid, it was fine. I just have a plain looking outworld and some really angry ants now. ;)

It has no commander,
no overseer or ruler,

idahoantgirl

Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:03 pm

My ants colony is basically the same size it was the last time I posted. They have stayed the perfect size to fit in my small lasius hybrid. This is mainly because I have been limiting their protein (part intentionally, part.... forgetting...) But it turns out that they are staying the right size. I was worried that I would not be able to control their growth, but i seem to be able to do so quite easily. No elates this year. This is probably because they don't have enough protein to create them, but they seem healthy and not underfed.

It has no commander,
no overseer or ruler,