Queen Solenopsis Xyloni help!

Discussions about the care and keeping of ants

Moderator: ooper01

BlitzAnts

Queen Solenopsis Xyloni help!

Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:56 pm

Oh Hello!

Well, more than anything I create this post to ask for help and advice about taking care of my Xyloni queens

I get that the “hard” this about this species is its fast growing rate and their ability to escape set ups

So first of all, will this species eat through MDF? (Look it out if you need)

Second, (as childish as it might sound, but I am genuinely curious) will this species eat peanut butter?

And last, what is the average time between the capture of the queen and the arrival of the first workers? (What should I do next?)

Thanks for your time!
Housing two Camponotus Barbarus Queens!

Also FOUR Solenopsis xyloni Queens! (if you want to, check the journal!)

SolenopsisKeeper

Re: Queen Solenopsis Xyloni help!

Fri Feb 11, 2022 7:01 am

BlitzAnts wrote:
Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:56 pm
Oh Hello!

Well, more than anything I create this post to ask for help and advice about taking care of my Xyloni queens

I get that the “hard” this about this species is its fast growing rate and their ability to escape set ups

So first of all, will this species eat through MDF? (Look it out if you need)

Second, (as childish as it might sound, but I am genuinely curious) will this species eat peanut butter?

And last, what is the average time between the capture of the queen and the arrival of the first workers? (What should I do next?)

Thanks for your time!
They will probably eat almost anything, like invicta. They aren’t too hard, just feed them a limited amount of food to keep them at the same size
When you accidentally reply to yourself…