Queens stressed and not laying eggs

Discussions about the care and keeping of ants

Moderator: ooper01

CaptJamie

Queens stressed and not laying eggs

Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:57 pm

Hi!

I'm very new here and could not find any other post about this topic in the few minutes I went over the titles. I hope this is oke.

I have been keeping ants for about 8 months now and I started with a few queens I caught myself outside, they have been doing fine and are at a decent size. I also wanted to get some other ants so I ordered different species online, they all arrived alive and fine in a tubes setup. I had most of them move to another tube since the water ran out or there was some moldy stuff on the cotton. They were quite hesitant to move but I carefully moved them over. Ever since they have been in there, I kept them in a separate tube(obviously) in a little box with some towels in my room, I check on them once a week very shortly.

So what is my problem you ask, well, none of them have laid any eggs. Every time I check on them they look stressed and I can see they have been pulling on the cotton on both the water side and the other side. I don't know what to do, it has been over two months and I feel like they are too stressed out.

Do you have any tips for me to do so they might be less stressed?

CaptJamie

PTasker15

Re: Queens stressed and not laying eggs

Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:27 pm

Don't Check On Them For A Couple Of Weeks
Keeping ants for 6 years now.

Current Species: Camponotus pennsylvanicus, Camponotus decipiens,Camponotus snellingi Solenopsis invicta,Nylanderia sp,Brachmyrmex patagonicus,Pheidole obscurothorax,Pheidole moerens,Pachycondyla harpax