Endangered Species:Odontmachus Clarus Queen

Discussions about the care and keeping of ants

Moderator: ooper01

PTasker15

Endangered Species:Odontmachus Clarus Queen

Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:20 am

About..3 Days Ago-I Was Looking For Queen When I Came Across A Trap Jaw Ant.I Knew
The Only Odontomachis In Texas Was O.Clarus-A Endangered Species.Altough..Just At 7:40 C..There Were Eggs-I Realized I Caught A O.Clarus Queen.She Is Currently Eating A Worm,A Roach Leg,And Some Honey.Anybody With Expirence With Odontomachis Clarus?
Keeping ants for 6 years now.

Current Species: Camponotus pennsylvanicus, Camponotus decipiens,Camponotus snellingi Solenopsis invicta,Nylanderia sp,Brachmyrmex patagonicus,Pheidole obscurothorax,Pheidole moerens,Pachycondyla harpax

Batspiderfish

Re: Endangered Species:Odontmachus Clarus Queen

Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:53 pm

Texas has three species of Odontomachus. You should treat them the same as any member of this genus.
If you enjoy my expertise and identifications, please do not put wild populations at risk of disease by releasing pet colonies. We are responsible to give our pets the best care we can manage for the rest of their lives.

PTasker15

Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:31 am

Not What http://texasento.net/ants.htmSays.So What Are The Other Two Species Of The Genus Odontomachis

Current Species: Camponotus pennsylvanicus, Camponotus decipiens,Camponotus snellingi Solenopsis invicta,Nylanderia sp,Brachmyrmex patagonicus,Pheidole obscurothorax,Pheidole moerens,Pachycondyla harpax

PTasker15

Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:34 am

Batspiderfish wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:53 pm
Texas has three species of Odontomachus. You should treat them the same as any member of this genus.
Lol He Looks In West Texas.Although The Queen I Have Is Orange,So Its O.Clarus

Batspiderfish

Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:00 pm

Antmaps references to Odontomachus desertorum and O. brunneus being present in Texas. Not saying your assumption is wrong, though.
If you enjoy my expertise and identifications, please do not put wild populations at risk of disease by releasing pet colonies. We are responsible to give our pets the best care we can manage for the rest of their lives.