URGENT:PARATRECHINA LONGHICORNUS COLONY DYING?

Discussions about the care and keeping of ants

Moderator: ooper01

PTasker15

URGENT:PARATRECHINA LONGHICORNUS COLONY DYING?

Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:59 am

In Late September,I Stumbled Across A Manhole That Black Crazy Ants(P.Longhicornus)Were Moving Out Of.I Sat Waiting Until I Noticed A 6 Inch Tall Brood Pile And Carefully Poked It.As Expected,The Colony Moved Back Into The Manhole.I Managed To Grab 3 Larvae,And Female Getting *Hint Hint*By A Male,And 9 Minors/Majors.I Put Them In A Humid Dirt Setup.Everything Went Fine-They Had A Nice Brood Pile,And After 2 Days,I Gave Them Worm With A Side Of Honey.It Was Such A Favorite That The Queen Came For A Sip.They Had 4 Repletes.
Today,October 15th,2017 I Checked Up And Noticed Something-There Was Only Five Workers And A Queen-3 Workers Were Curled Up.You Think They Can Make It?They Have 2 Pupae Right Now-One Is A Male And Another Is A Major.Also What I Mean By "Will They Make It"Is Whether They Will Live Or Die Within 7 Days..
Keeping ants for 6 years now.

Current Species: Camponotus pennsylvanicus, Camponotus decipiens,Camponotus snellingi Solenopsis invicta,Nylanderia sp,Brachmyrmex patagonicus,Pheidole obscurothorax,Pheidole moerens,Pachycondyla harpax

AntsSA

Re: URGENT:PARATRECHINA LONGHICORNUS COLONY DYING?

Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:20 am

Does there nest setup resemble their environment in which you found them?
Maybe you could make a terrarium for them to live in.
Keeping.
lepisiota capensis colony
Cardiocondyla sp.
Founding
Messor. Sp. X 4
Myrmicine Sp. X 2
atopomyrmex Sp. X 2
Ants SA
:lol: :lol:
YouTube :
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UC404jNiUH33dFnxqSZajoPg