Crematogaster Ashmeadi Behaving Unusual

Discussions about the care and keeping of ants

Moderator: ooper01

PTasker15

Crematogaster Ashmeadi Behaving Unusual

Sat Oct 07, 2017 12:29 pm

Saddly,This Offically Marks The 3rd Death Of A Crematogaster Ashmeadi Colony.After All The Fist Generation Of Pulse Emerged,My Queens Would Die,Leaving The Workers Orphaned.
Here's The Shocking Results
1-Queen Left Test Tube Of 9 Workers,Killed Self,Not Before Being Put Back In The Nest And Having The Workers Finish Her/Help Her Kill Herself.Colony Died After 2 Weeks,Workers Atempted Making Drones But Failed.
2-2 Workers Emerged And Queens Legs Wouldent Work For 4 Days Before Being Unresponsive To Disturbance(If I Disturbed Her Before,Her Antennae Would Move,And Her Head)Workers Died 2 Days After Queen.
3-Colony Waits Outside Nest For One Of Then To Starve And Die,Then Eats Them.Lived From 7-12-17 Until Today,10-7-17.
I Leave Then Alone Like The Rest Of My Colonies,And The Other Queens Do Just Fine.I Live In Crosby,Texas.
Keeping ants for 6 years now.

Current Species: Camponotus pennsylvanicus, Camponotus decipiens,Camponotus snellingi Solenopsis invicta,Nylanderia sp,Brachmyrmex patagonicus,Pheidole obscurothorax,Pheidole moerens,Pachycondyla harpax

PTasker15

Re: Crematogaster Ashmeadi Behaving Unusual

Sat Oct 07, 2017 3:08 pm

Well,I Just Named The 3rd Colony The Donner Party-THEY'RE ALL ALIVE :o :!:
Keeping ants for 6 years now.

Current Species: Camponotus pennsylvanicus, Camponotus decipiens,Camponotus snellingi Solenopsis invicta,Nylanderia sp,Brachmyrmex patagonicus,Pheidole obscurothorax,Pheidole moerens,Pachycondyla harpax