Tetramorium Queen; is it normal?

Discussions about the care and keeping of ants

Moderator: ooper01

AntsBC

Tetramorium Queen; is it normal?

Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:38 pm

I have a tetramorium Queen that has laid eggs three months ago and they are only starting to pupate now. The Queens test tube is getting a bit moldy but not enough that I'm going to move them. I don't really want to feed her when her first workers arrive through the test tube because it's moldy and I don't want to add to it. Is there anything I could hook up to the test tube that I could feed them through. I also gave the queen way to much room in the test tube do you guys say u should move the colony once the natitics arrive into a new test tube? Any help would be appreciated and please read all the questions I asked.

AntsSA

Re: Tetramorium Queen; is it normal?

Mon Sep 18, 2017 4:13 am

It is possible to take so long. When her nanitics arrive put some drinkingstraw through the cotton on the testube and put it in an outworld do the same for a clean tube and put it next to the old one. Make a paper cover for the new one and cover it whilst exposing the old one to a bright light be sure not to heat the tube though.
Keeping.
lepisiota capensis colony
Cardiocondyla sp.
Founding
Messor. Sp. X 4
Myrmicine Sp. X 2
atopomyrmex Sp. X 2
Ants SA
:lol: :lol:
YouTube :
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UC404jNiUH33dFnxqSZajoPg

Batspiderfish

Re: Tetramorium Queen; is it normal?

Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:51 am

Giving the ants access to a foraging space means that they will be capable of cleaning up after themselves.
If you enjoy my expertise and identifications, please do not put wild populations at risk of disease by releasing pet colonies. We are responsible to give our pets the best care we can manage for the rest of their lives.