Adding water to a test tube queen?

Discussions about the care and keeping of ants

Moderator: ooper01

Onejustizn

Adding water to a test tube queen?

Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:50 pm

So two of my queens water looks like it is about to dry out. They are still in their test tube setups.Is there any tricks to add water to them without stressing the queens out too much?

FarrAnts

Re: Adding water to a test tube queen?

Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:55 pm

Onejustizn wrote:
Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:50 pm
So two of my queens water looks like it is about to dry out. They are still in their test tube setups.Is there any tricks to add water to them without stressing the queens out too much?
Hmmm. I'm not sure, wait for someone more seasoned with that stuff to help you out.
Ball is life... Ants included.

Cale3459

Tue Jul 11, 2017 12:04 am

Create a new test tube for the queen to move into. Connect the two (I use antcanada connectors but there are many ways to do it). Cover the new test tube so that it is dark and shine a light on the old one with the queen in it. It may take awhile but she will move on her own eventually.

Onejustizn

Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:23 am

Thanks! I connected a second testube to hers with fresh water and covered that side like you said. Hopefully when I get home she will have moved all her eggs to that side. She seems really close to hatching some real soon, so I hope this won't effect anything.