Help! I don't know what to do

Discussions about the care and keeping of ants

Moderator: ooper01

Proverbs66

Help! I don't know what to do

Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:21 pm

My new queen has been in her test tube setup for about 4 days and is still really ripping at the cotton. she's a big camponotus pennsylvannicus I had to change the cotton twice I'm afraid she might get out and if she doesn't stop soon I'm going to consider letting her go, plz help me. :(
Let us remember that even though ants are wonderful creatures, even more magnificent is their creator 😌

AntOblivion

Re: Help! I don't know what to do

Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:42 pm

Thats normal man. Just give her some time. My C. Subbarbatus queen did the same thing.

Proverbs66

She also has a much smaller ant attached to her leg, since the day I got her I've tried get it off her but she won't keep still and I don't want to injure her any suggestions
Let us remember that even though ants are wonderful creatures, even more magnificent is their creator 😌

AntOblivion

Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:38 pm

Proverbs66 wrote:
She also has a much smaller ant attached to her leg, since the day I got her I've tried get it off her but she won't keep still and I don't want to injure her any suggestions
If she's bothered by it she'll take it off herself. I wouldn't try helping her cause she could get stressed out.

Proverbs66

Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:56 pm

I stuck with your advice and she's not longer pulling at the cotton and the smaller ant is gone she also has laid her first batch of eggs so thank you guys so very much for experience seeing how this is one of my first queens I was worried :D