How long does it take for solenopsis invicta eggs to dev.

Discussions about the care and keeping of ants

Moderator: ooper01

XxStrongHeroxX
Posts: 110
Joined: Sat Feb 11, 2017 3:08 pm

How long does it take for solenopsis invicta eggs to dev.

Post: # 19110Post XxStrongHeroxX
Sat Apr 08, 2017 9:41 pm

i have a few queen ants in their founding stages and how long does it take from a egg being layed to hatching
American

User avatar
Phoenix
Posts: 628
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:17 pm
Location: Malaysia

Re: How long does it take for solenopsis invicta eggs to dev.

Post: # 19113Post Phoenix
Sat Apr 08, 2017 10:41 pm

A long time, I presume; mine aren't fairing much better.
'Have Fun.' - Gabe Newell

Martialis
Posts: 1564
Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2016 5:30 pm
Location: Indiana

Re: How long does it take for solenopsis invicta eggs to dev.

Post: # 19132Post Martialis
Sun Apr 09, 2017 10:01 am

It depends heavily on genus and species.

A Tetramorium queen will obviously take only a month from egg to worker, while Camponotus will take two months.
Keeper of

Formica sp.

Tetramorium caespitum

Camponotus chromaiodes

Selliing:

XxStrongHeroxX
Posts: 110
Joined: Sat Feb 11, 2017 3:08 pm

Re: How long does it take for solenopsis invicta eggs to dev.

Post: # 19137Post XxStrongHeroxX
Sun Apr 09, 2017 12:38 pm

Martialis wrote:
Sun Apr 09, 2017 10:01 am
It depends heavily on genus and species.

A Tetramorium queen will obviously take only a month from egg to worker, while Camponotus will take two months.
its solenopsis invicta
American

User avatar
Batspiderfish
Posts: 2379
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2016 3:47 pm
Location: Maine

Re: How long does it take for solenopsis invicta eggs to dev.

Post: # 19139Post Batspiderfish
Sun Apr 09, 2017 1:25 pm

Solenopsis invicta is probably the most researched species of ant in the world.
If you enjoy my expertise and identifications, please do not put wild populations at risk of disease by releasing pet colonies. We are responsible to give our pets the best care we can manage for the rest of their lives.

XxStrongHeroxX
Posts: 110
Joined: Sat Feb 11, 2017 3:08 pm

Re: How long does it take for solenopsis invicta eggs to dev.

Post: # 19142Post XxStrongHeroxX
Sun Apr 09, 2017 4:36 pm

Batspiderfish wrote:
Sun Apr 09, 2017 1:25 pm
Solenopsis invicta is probably the most researched species of ant in the world.
it has been about 14 days sense the eggs have been layed and they have not grown at all does that mean they are not fertile?
American

User avatar
Batspiderfish
Posts: 2379
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2016 3:47 pm
Location: Maine

Re: How long does it take for solenopsis invicta eggs to dev.

Post: # 19164Post Batspiderfish
Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:41 am

XxStrongHeroxX wrote:
Sun Apr 09, 2017 4:36 pm
Batspiderfish wrote:
Sun Apr 09, 2017 1:25 pm
Solenopsis invicta is probably the most researched species of ant in the world.
it has been about 14 days sense the eggs have been layed and they have not grown at all does that mean they are not fertile?
There are a lot of variables that go into maturation. If ten days is the average amount of time it takes for them to hatch, then I would wait a little longer. It could be that the more mature eggs were eaten.
If you enjoy my expertise and identifications, please do not put wild populations at risk of disease by releasing pet colonies. We are responsible to give our pets the best care we can manage for the rest of their lives.

XxStrongHeroxX
Posts: 110
Joined: Sat Feb 11, 2017 3:08 pm

Re: How long does it take for solenopsis invicta eggs to dev.

Post: # 19194Post XxStrongHeroxX
Mon Apr 10, 2017 5:22 pm

Batspiderfish wrote:
Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:41 am
XxStrongHeroxX wrote:
Sun Apr 09, 2017 4:36 pm
Batspiderfish wrote:
Sun Apr 09, 2017 1:25 pm
Solenopsis invicta is probably the most researched species of ant in the world.
it has been about 14 days sense the eggs have been layed and they have not grown at all does that mean they are not fertile?
There are a lot of variables that go into maturation. If ten days is the average amount of time it takes for them to hatch, then I would wait a little longer. It could be that the more mature eggs were eaten.
Should i Brood Boost?
American

User avatar
Batspiderfish
Posts: 2379
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2016 3:47 pm
Location: Maine

Re: How long does it take for solenopsis invicta eggs to dev.

Post: # 19212Post Batspiderfish
Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:40 pm

XxStrongHeroxX wrote:
Mon Apr 10, 2017 5:22 pm
Batspiderfish wrote:
Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:41 am
XxStrongHeroxX wrote:
Sun Apr 09, 2017 4:36 pm


it has been about 14 days sense the eggs have been layed and they have not grown at all does that mean they are not fertile?
There are a lot of variables that go into maturation. If ten days is the average amount of time it takes for them to hatch, then I would wait a little longer. It could be that the more mature eggs were eaten.
Should i Brood Boost?
Nope!
If you enjoy my expertise and identifications, please do not put wild populations at risk of disease by releasing pet colonies. We are responsible to give our pets the best care we can manage for the rest of their lives.

XxStrongHeroxX
Posts: 110
Joined: Sat Feb 11, 2017 3:08 pm

Re: How long does it take for solenopsis invicta eggs to dev.

Post: # 19278Post XxStrongHeroxX
Tue Apr 11, 2017 5:54 pm

Reason why i should not?
American

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest