I need extreme help with my queen.

Discussions about the care and keeping of ants

Moderator: ooper01

Ej2011

I need extreme help with my queen.

Wed Nov 29, 2023 3:51 pm

I need help. So I moved to the queen into their formicarium because her test tube had mold in it. My other test tubes were occupied by other Queens. This Queen Ant had workers but it's only four, and they're big, Plus I think they're camponotus. They have just been staying in one small corner and The rest is getting dirty. I am new to ant keeping this is my first year of it I got these aunts and August I think.
Here are the pictures

https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1QipNg5etuBc0wlfjKH5DPLgvHRxja3GH5UxjApNEm
https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1QipPoYed6TQv4u4OswpCKFFy9SU6BGki-zZbITGdg

Angelants2012

Re: I need extreme help with my queen.

Mon Jan 01, 2024 6:30 pm

I am so sorry, but I seem to cannot open the links to the pictures. In whatever case, I think it is best to buy more test tubes or temporarily put them in a formicarium while you wash their test tube. Test tubes are one of the best things to house your ant colonies in, so you might need to find a way to get them a fresh and clean test tube. Or you can house them in a cup or container with a damp cotton ball inside to act as a water source for your ant colony. Be careful not to make the cotton ball roll around inside the cup when you take it out to feed them or something else or it might kill or hurt the ants.

Dghergejg456

Re: I need extreme help with my queen.

Tue Jan 02, 2024 11:16 pm

If you can, buy some new test tubes but if you can’t, here’s what you can do.

If you have a closed container of some sort, you can fill it with cocoa peat and moisten it then move your ants in. It might not be the best solution, but it can offer temporary housing for them.

However, i still think it is best to buy a new test tube and house them there.
Ants are better than termites lol