I need help.

Discussions about the care and keeping of ants

Moderator: ooper01

GravityHurts

I need help.

Wed May 18, 2016 8:37 pm

About a month ago all the worker ants died and the queen hasn't hatched anymore, what should I do? Pleasehelp me and thanks a lot.

AntsRule

Re: I need help.

Wed May 18, 2016 8:40 pm

What was the set up like, what were they eating, were they heated, what species, could they have come in contact with chemicals., how big was the colony, how old was the colony, did they have water? Sorry for all the questions but it is important for trying to figure out what to do.
With all the things ants can do, you wonder, who rules the planet :?

Keeper of:
Camponotus Pennsylvanicus
Pheidole sp.

GravityHurts

Wed May 18, 2016 8:45 pm

AntsRule wrote:What was the set up like, what were they eating, were they heated, what species, could they have come in contact with chemicals., how big was the colony, how old was the colony, did they have water? Sorry for all the questions but it is important for trying to figure out what to do.
They are in a vertical omninest they were eating fruit flies and fruit they weren't heated because it wasn't cold not completely shure about the species no way to come in contact with chemicals it was a small colony with about 15 - 20 workers it was less than a year old and they did have water.

AntsRule

Wed May 18, 2016 8:54 pm

GravityHurts wrote:
AntsRule wrote:What was the set up like, what were they eating, were they heated, what species, could they have come in contact with chemicals., how big was the colony, how old was the colony, did they have water? Sorry for all the questions but it is important for trying to figure out what to do.
They are in a vertical omninest they were eating fruit flies and fruit they weren't heated because it wasn't cold not completely shure about the species no way to come in contact with chemicals it was a small colony with about 15 - 20 workers it was less than a year old and they did have water.

That is very strange. I am not very experienced but I would guess to put here back in a test tube set-up if you can do it with-out disturbing her to much give her a drop of honey since her back mussels which she would normally would use for energy are gone. That is just a guess so don't do that until someone else more experienced tells you to though. Does anyone else have advice? It is still the start of the anteing season so you can still catch another queen. Sorry I was not able to help you more. :|

Keeper of:
Pheidole sp.

GravityHurts

Wed May 18, 2016 8:57 pm

AntsRule wrote:
GravityHurts wrote:

That is very strange. I am not very experienced but I would guess to put here back in a test tube set-up if you can do it with-out disturbing her to much give her a drop of honey since her back mussels which she would normally would use for energy are gone. That is just a guess so don't do that until someone else more experienced tells you to though. Does anyone else have advice? It is still the start of the anteing season so you can still catch another queen. Sorry I was not able to help you more. :|
It's fine thanks for the advice sounds like good I might contact Mikey himself he probably knows what to do. Thanks for the help bye.

AntsRule

Wed May 18, 2016 8:58 pm

Good idea.

Keeper of:
Pheidole sp.