When is the new hybrid nest coming out?

Discussion and information relating to the AntsCanada Hybrid Nest Series.

Moderator: ooper01

AntFin

When is the new hybrid nest coming out?

Thu Feb 02, 2017 8:16 am

Both Mikey and other people on the forums have said that there will be a new and bigger version of the hybrid nest.
When is it coming out?

ooper01
Head Moderator

Re: When is the new hybrid nest coming out?

Fri Feb 03, 2017 10:57 am

AntFin wrote:Both Mikey and other people on the forums have said that there will be a new and bigger version of the hybrid nest.
When is it coming out?
The release of the seven different species designs of Hybrid Nest will be staggered. The first design, Formica, will be coming out toward the end of this month (February). Others will follow. We anticipate to have all of them available in April sometime.
~ ooper

Forum Moderator

Cale3459

Fri Feb 03, 2017 4:37 pm

ooper01 wrote:
AntFin wrote:Both Mikey and other people on the forums have said that there will be a new and bigger version of the hybrid nest.
When is it coming out?
The release of the seven different species designs of Hybrid Nest will be staggered. The first design, Formica, will be coming out toward the end of this month (February). Others will follow. We anticipate to have all of them available in April sometime.
Are these going to be a complete redesign or just large versions? Will you still be able to buy the current ones on the site? I want to get another small hybrid for an idea I had, but I don't need it right this second. I would buy it now however if you are planning on discontinuing them.

ooper01
Head Moderator

Sat Feb 04, 2017 3:57 pm

Cale3459 wrote:
ooper01 wrote:
When is it coming out?
Are these going to be a complete redesign or just large versions? Will you still be able to buy the current ones on the site? I want to get another small hybrid for an idea I had, but I don't need it right this second. I would buy it now however if you are planning on discontinuing them.
The plan is to discontinue the current model as the manufacturing method is too slow. We will offer one generic design in a small size (similar in size to the current Hybrid Small).
~ ooper

Forum Moderator

Cale3459

Sun Feb 05, 2017 1:24 am

ooper01 wrote:The plan is to discontinue the current model as the manufacturing method is too slow. We will offer one generic design in a small size (similar in size to the current Hybrid Small).
And ordered. Thanks for the heads up!

xTNxANTMANx

Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:44 am

Okay it's March already and no news of the new hybrid nest. Do you by chance know when the 1st will be announced? I see something was said about the end of February that's why I said it's March already LOL. No rush just curious
Keeping:
Camponotus subbarbatus
Formica pallidefulva x2
Formica subsericea x4
Lasius sp
Tetramorium immigrans x2
Dorymyrmex bureni

Founding:
Formica pallidefulva
Unknown sp x2

ooper01
Head Moderator

Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:57 am

xTNxANTMANx wrote:
Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:44 am
Okay it's March already and no news of the new hybrid nest. Do you by chance know when the 1st will be announced? I see something was said about the end of February that's why I said it's March already LOL. No rush just curious
Thanks for asking. There have been a few issues that came up in the design that we are working through. Our hope is that we can get them resolved and have at least the first design, Formica, available in April.
~ ooper

Forum Moderator

xTNxANTMANx

Fri Apr 07, 2017 2:34 pm

Just wondering if the plan to release the first new hybrid nest in April is still the plan?
Keeping:
Camponotus subbarbatus
Formica pallidefulva x2
Formica subsericea x4
Lasius sp
Tetramorium immigrans x2
Dorymyrmex bureni

Founding:
Formica pallidefulva
Unknown sp x2

ooper01
Head Moderator

Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:07 pm

xTNxANTMANx wrote:
Just wondering if the plan to release the first new hybrid nest in April is still the plan?
The schedule has been pushed out, but just a little. We will be doing a production run on the new Formica Hybrid toward the end of this month, but they won't be available in the store until mid to late May. (That is the latest plan...)
~ ooper

Forum Moderator

Cale3459

Sat Apr 08, 2017 7:51 pm

ooper01 wrote:
Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:07 pm
xTNxANTMANx wrote:
The schedule has been pushed out, but just a little. We will be doing a production run on the new Formica Hybrid toward the end of this month, but they won't be available in the store until mid to late May. (That is the latest plan...)
Pics! We want pics! :lol: