Hybrid nest for Pachycondyla sp.

Discussion and information relating to the AntsCanada Hybrid Nest Series.

Moderator: ooper01

JPSMedeiros

Hybrid nest for Pachycondyla sp.

Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:02 pm

Hello, I would like to know if there's a Hybrid nest that can fit the Pachycondyla sp. and be nice to the sp. It's quite a big ant.

pedrovicentebp

Re: Hybrid nest for Pachycondyla sp.

Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:37 pm

JPSMedeiros wrote:Hello, I would like to know if there's a Hybrid nest that can fit the Pachycondyla sp. and be nice to the sp. It's quite a big ant.
did yout Pachycondyla sp got dealated yet? i recommend you to leave she in a test tube until she get around 10-30 workers then move the colony to a hybrid nest

(sorry if i say something wrong my native laguage is spanish) i dont use google traductor :roll:

JPSMedeiros

Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:49 pm

I got 3 Pachycondyla's with me, do you have experience with them? I know, I'm just excited about my ant and want to know to maybe save some money for this, thanks for the tip.
I caught 2 without wings and 1 removed the wings inside the test tube, no eggs yet.

pedrovicentebp

Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:31 pm

JPSMedeiros wrote:I got 3 Pachycondyla's with me, do you have experience with them? I know, I'm just excited about my ant and want to know to maybe save some money for this, thanks for the tip.
I caught 2 without wings and 1 removed the wings inside the test tube, no eggs yet.
i do not have experience with them but i did something interesting i did a research on another specie of ant then i looked how many humidity they need and how many space they need and with that info you can choose a hybrid nest

and i know that it is a semi claustral carnivorous ant so you might want to put it in a outworld so she wil "hunt" for food

its an awesome type of ant and it is huge i researched a bit and in venezuela are pachycondyla ants too so i will try to found one or i hope to find one the are awesome

probably the eggs are coming soon :D in the big species of ants going from egg to worker needs a lot of time
for example the Odontomachus ants need 1 month and 15 day to complete the process and they just have 1cm

i dont think they are poligonous type of ants but you should research thats an important point 8-)
thats all the info there i know

Good luck with your queens :geek: ;)

JPSMedeiros

Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:37 pm

pedrovicentebp wrote:
JPSMedeiros wrote:I got 3 Pachycondyla's with me, do you have experience with them? I know, I'm just excited about my ant and want to know to maybe save some money for this, thanks for the tip.
i do not have experience with them but i did something interesting i did a research on another specie of ant then i looked how many humidity they need and how many space they need and with that info you can choose a hybrid nest

and i know that it is a semi claustral carnivorous ant so you might want to put it in a outworld so she wil "hunt" for food

its an awesome type of ant and it is huge i researched a bit and in venezuela are pachycondyla ants too so i will try to found one or i hope to find one the are awesome

probably the eggs are coming soon :D in the big species of ants going from egg to worker needs a lot of time
for example the Odontomachus ants need 1 month and 15 day to complete the process and they just have 1cm

i dont think they are poligonous type of ants but you should research thats an important point 8-)
thats all the info there i know

Good luck with your queens :geek: ;)

Thanks for the help, you should try to find some this week, I saw more than 10 pachycondyla queens but I can't take more than I already have. Would be nice if you could help me in my other post about me creating my outworld, if you can: http://forum.AntsCanada.com/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=2129