Which formicarium

Discussion and information relating to the AntsCanada Hybrid Nest Series.

Moderator: ooper01

blackpython99

Which formicarium

Wed Oct 05, 2016 9:08 pm

Hello there. I have a solenopsis invicta queen with a small amount of brood. I was originally thinking about getting the solenopsis hybrid nest size small. I like the details such as specfic huidity and test tube adapter. I think it is a perfect design. But then I realized that solenopsis colonies grow supper fast, and would have to size up with in a month. So then I might as well start out with a bigger formicarium so i can save money. I thought that maybe I should buy an omni-nest, especially sense it is only $25 more and it comes with an out world. but is the small omni-nest that much bigger and worth it than a hybrid nest? And does it also provide enough humidity? I just don't know which to get and which is the most cost efficient. What are yall's ideas?
Thanks for the help!

Martialis

Re: Which formicarium

Thu Oct 06, 2016 10:01 am

blackpython99 wrote:Hello there. I have a solenopsis invicta queen with a small amount of brood. I was originally thinking about getting the solenopsis hybrid nest size small. I like the details such as specfic huidity and test tube adapter. I think it is a perfect design. But then I realized that solenopsis colonies grow supper fast, and would have to size up with in a month. So then I might as well start out with a bigger formicarium so i can save money. I thought that maybe I should buy an omni-nest, especially sense it is only $25 more and it comes with an out world. but is the small omni-nest that much bigger and worth it than a hybrid nest? And does it also provide enough humidity? I just don't know which to get and which is the most cost efficient. What are yall's ideas?
Thanks for the help!
They would not occupy the nest wthin a mnth. You would be fine
Keeper of

Selliing:

ooper01
Head Moderator

Re: Which formicarium

Tue Oct 11, 2016 9:36 pm

The Omni Small would offer a little bit more living space and as you noted, comes with a small outworld as well. The other nice thing at the moment is that the Omni line of products is not on such severe backorder, so it would ship out more quickly.

There have been many people who have housed Solenopsis in Omni Nests and had great success, so if you are leaning that way, you would be fine.
~ ooper

Forum Moderator