I have some extra queens

Questions from those who are just starting or considering getting into the ant keeping hobby. If you’re intimidated or confused by the in-depth posts of the other sections of this forum, feel free to post here, and we'll start from square one!

Moderator: ooper01

Kingluis

I have some extra queens

Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:25 pm

I currently have 7 queen ants Crematogaster Spp that have some eggs and workers coming. I was thinking I had way too many of them and was wanting to see if anyone was interested In some. I live in Oklahoma and was maybe looking to trade for some equipment or anything that will help me get to the next stage :) and if nothing comes up I’ll just end up releasing them

idahoantgirl

Re: I have some extra queens

Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:15 pm

Kingluis wrote:
I currently have 7 queen ants Crematogaster Spp that have some eggs and workers coming. I was thinking I had way too many of them and was wanting to see if anyone was interested In some. I live in Oklahoma and was maybe looking to trade for some equipment or anything that will help me get to the next stage :) and if nothing comes up I’ll just end up releasing them
No selling of queens is allowed on this forum. If you want to sell your queens, please use the Gan project.
Proverbs 6:6-8

Go to the ant, you sluggard;
consider its ways and be wise!
It has no commander,
no overseer or ruler,
yet it stores its provisions in summer
and gathers its food at harvest.

Keeping Tetramorium immigrans, Tapinoma Sessile

YSTheAnt

Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:02 pm

idahoantgirl wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:15 pm
Kingluis wrote:
No selling of queens is allowed on this forum. If you want to sell your queens, please use the Gan project.
Asking for a trade for some equipment is not against the rules. And, nothing about selling them every came up in the post.

If you want to sell them rather than trade them, use GAN, or post on formiculture, another ant forum (imo better).
Check out my blog: bayareaants.blogspot.com
Keeper of:
Camponotus Modoc(6 workers)
Pheidole Spp (2 queens, about 10 workers)
Possibly parasitic Formica (further ID required)
Novomessor Cockerelli (10+ workers)

MadVampy
Main Forum Admin

Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:14 pm

Kingluis wrote:
We do not trade, sell, or give away ants of any type on the AntsCanada Ants forums. Please refrain from making posts pertaining to any of those. If your interested in becoming a GAN farmer please go to the AntsCanada.com web site and apply to become a GAN farmer, at that point you can trade, sell or give them away. Link below.

http://www.AntsCanada.com/queen-ants-for-sale/
MadVampy

Head Forum Admin
Name is also Mike but please don't confuse me with Mikey Bustos, two different people. :lol:
Keeper of Solenopsis Ants. :twisted:

YSTheAnt

Sat Feb 03, 2018 1:45 pm

MadVampy wrote:
Kingluis wrote:
We do not trade, sell, or give away ants of any type on the AntsCanada Ants forums. Please refrain from making posts pertaining to any of those. If your interested in becoming a GAN farmer please go to the AntsCanada.com web site and apply to become a GAN farmer, at that point you can trade, sell or give them away. Link below.

May I ask why this is a rule here? Honestly, if this forum is going to be any good, the mods and owners need to stop making rules like this, really makes other forums all the more appealing.
Keeper of:

idahoantgirl

Sun Feb 04, 2018 3:40 pm

YSTheAnt wrote:
MadVampy wrote:
Kingluis wrote:

May I ask why this is a rule here? Honestly, if this forum is going to be any good, the mods and owners need to stop making rules like this, really makes other forums all the more appealing.
AntsCanada wants to encourage the distribution of queens done the right way. This rule is their way of making sure there is no illegal activity on their forum. Even if you wouldn't buy or sell a non local queen, others would.
Proverbs 6:6-8

Go to the ant, you sluggard;
consider its ways and be wise!
It has no commander,
no overseer or ruler,
yet it stores its provisions in summer
and gathers its food at harvest.

Keeping Tetramorium immigrans, Tapinoma Sessile

MadVampy
Main Forum Admin

Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:02 pm

YSTheAnt wrote:
MadVampy wrote:
Kingluis wrote:

AntsCanada wants to promote the safe and legal distribution of ants. This means that we will not support illegal trading or sales of species of ants between users. This is something that the Owner (Mikey Busto) is very firm about and I support his decision on this. If this drives others to go to other forums and do illegal trades or sales that is their choice and if that's something they want to do then so be it. This is a Very Hard Rule on this forum and it will not change.

Please check out the Rules for the AntsCanada Forums if you haven't already ----> http://forum.AntsCanada.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2

2) We support responsible ant keeping: Zero tolerance for importation of non-native ant species or shipment of live ant colonies. Only GAN Project posts are permitted. We also promote ETHICAL collecting of ant colonies. Always with owner's permission if collecting on private property, or with official collecting permits if collecting on public land or protected areas

21) There will be no trading (this includes giving them away to other others), or selling of any ant species on the forums. Do Not post requests for ants from other forum users, Do Not advertise sales of ants to other forum members, Do Not advertise your company that sales ants. There will be one warning to the user (unless the situation deems a full ban) about it and the next time will be a permanent ban of the user or users. All sales will go thru the GAN Project -> http://www.AntsCanada.com/queen-ants-for-sale/

This rule ensures AntsCanada and AntsCanada Forums does whats right and legal as far as the ant keep community.
MadVampy

Head Forum Admin
Name is also Mike but please don't confuse me with Mikey Bustos, two different people. :lol:

YSTheAnt

Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:27 am

The GAN doesn't allow for trading of any kind, and I would make it so that one could sell here, but not across borders. That would make this forum SO much more amazing. Then again, the myrmecologists and people who are very experienced, like 5+ years in this (or those who are very knowledgeable) hang out on Formiculture, with the exception of a few, who I truly admire for being there for people who don't have as much knowledge and promoting the growth of the hobby. But that's just my two cents.
Keeper of:

antnest8

Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:53 pm

personally if i could choose between Formiculture and the AntsCanada forum I would choose AntsCanada because the forum is so clean in language and in finding your thread. The GAN project is also a great reason why I like this forum. The GAN is in the right place and should be, in my perspective, be used more often in other forums or the other forums should make rules like AntsCanada's forum.
Some of My Informative Sheets
https://forum.AntsCanada.com/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=19099
Includes :
  • Ant Care Sheets
    Queen Hunting
    How To Identify Ants
Goal is to become #2 poster on the forum

MadVampy
Main Forum Admin

Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:13 pm

YSTheAnt wrote:
Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:27 am
The GAN doesn't allow for trading of any kind, and I would make it so that one could sell here, but not across borders. That would make this forum SO much more amazing. Then again, the myrmecologists and people who are very experienced, like 5+ years in this (or those who are very knowledgeable) hang out on Formiculture, with the exception of a few, who I truly admire for being there for people who don't have as much knowledge and promoting the growth of the hobby. But that's just my two cents.
OK let me first off say this: The rules pertaining to the selling or buying of ants on the AntsCanada Ants Forums will not change! If you want to sell or buy ants of any species you go thru the GAN Project. End of subject.

Secondly: We are not in competition with any other forums, every forum is different in the ways they do and handle stuff and this includes the rules of the forums. We are a community/forum built on the common ground for the love of ant keeping. We have our forum rules and and they have theirs, they are not to be confused between the two. We simply ask that you abide by the rules of the AntsCanada Ants Forums and if you can not then I will ask any user not to make a posting that would break those rules.

Thanks,
MadVampy

Head Forum Admin