Moving my queen

Questions from those who are just starting or considering getting into the ant keeping hobby. If you’re intimidated or confused by the in-depth posts of the other sections of this forum, feel free to post here, and we'll start from square one!

Moderator: ooper01

fisher3823

Moving my queen

Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:36 pm

Hey guys I was wanting to know if it was a bad Idea, or just not recommended to move my new queen. I was told on the forums that she is a Solenopsis Invicta. I caught her about 4 days ago and last I checked hadn't started laying any eggs. She's in a test tube with a cotton ball with water absorbed in it at the bottom, and a cotton ball blocking her exit on the other. Then tucked away inside a drawer of a desk we never use. I was just wanting to know when my new formicarium got here if I could mover her into this one safely since it's not all that big, and leave her to put in that one. Because the tube shes in is going to be bigger than the formicarium. I'll attach a link to the exact Formicarium I bought to start my colony. It should be here next week.

https://tarheelants.com/collections/formicaria/products/mini-hearth

idahoantgirl

Re: Moving my queen

Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:02 pm

fisher3823 wrote:
Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:36 pm
Hey guys I was wanting to know if it was a bad Idea, or just not recommended to move my new queen. I was told on the forums that she is a Solenopsis Invicta. I caught her about 4 days ago and last I checked hadn't started laying any eggs. She's in a test tube with a cotton ball with water absorbed in it at the bottom, and a cotton ball blocking her exit on the other. Then tucked away inside a drawer of a desk we never use. I was just wanting to know when my new formicarium got here if I could mover her into this one safely since it's not all that big, and leave her to put in that one. Because the tube shes in is going to be bigger than the formicarium. I'll attach a link to the exact Formicarium I bought to start my colony. It should be here next week.

https://tarheelants.com/collections/formicaria/products/mini-hearth
you could if you want.
Proverbs 6:6-8

Go to the ant, you sluggard;
consider its ways and be wise!
It has no commander,
no overseer or ruler,
yet it stores its provisions in summer
and gathers its food at harvest.

Keeping Tetramorium immigrans, Tapinoma Sessile