Keeping an Ant Journal

Questions from those who are just starting or considering getting into the ant keeping hobby. If you’re intimidated or confused by the in-depth posts of the other sections of this forum, feel free to post here, and we'll start from square one!

Moderator: ooper01

NashAUS

Keeping an Ant Journal

Mon Aug 24, 2015 6:00 am

Hi guys! I sent a question to the generic AC email earlier in the week, and Mikey replied to me, adding that I should consider keeping a journal on my colony.

So my questions to you guys are, do you keep ant journals, and if so how do you go about it? I.E. what do you cover/note?

I'm still playing around with captured workers, but I am considering keeping a record of my first grown colony :)

NashAUS

Re: Keeping an Ant Journal

Mon Aug 24, 2015 6:09 am

Also a random ant related thought today that made me laugh. Why is it that everybody I'm coming into contact with from home and work is getting the passionate spiel about my new found love for ants, but yet I act sheepishly and quickly when I buy my formicariums from strangers at the toy store? It's for my nephew I swear! :p Am I alone in this?? Lol

ooper01
Head Moderator

Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:52 am

Hi NashAUS, welcome to the forum. Regarding ant journals, there are several being kept here on the forum. You should review some of them to get some ideas on what you'd like to do with yours. Here is the forum for journals:

http://forum.AntsCanada.com/viewforum.php?f=26
~ ooper

Forum Moderator

NashAUS

Mon Aug 24, 2015 11:08 am

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction mate! Just what I wanted!