Hi :D

Questions from those who are just starting or considering getting into the ant keeping hobby. If you’re intimidated or confused by the in-depth posts of the other sections of this forum, feel free to post here, and we'll start from square one!

Moderator: ooper01

MisterJSL
Posts: 16
Joined: Tue Jul 04, 2017 12:41 pm

Re: Hi :D

Post: # 29231Post MisterJSL
Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:25 pm

ImageImage

Imgur :D :lol:

AntsRule
Posts: 807
Joined: Thu Apr 28, 2016 2:02 pm
Location: Chester County Pennslyvania

Re: Hi :D

Post: # 29232Post AntsRule
Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:39 pm

Yeah looks like lasius niger to me. What's here size in mm? The thickness of a dime is how I measure mm. :D Also when did you catch her?
With all the things ants can do, you wonder, who rules the planet :?

Keeper of:
Solenopsis molesta
Aphaenogaster sp.
Crematogaster sp.
Brachymyrmex depilis
Tertamorium sp. E
Pheidole sp.
Lasius neoniger

MisterJSL
Posts: 16
Joined: Tue Jul 04, 2017 12:41 pm

Re: Hi :D

Post: # 29233Post MisterJSL
Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:20 pm

AntsRule wrote:
Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:39 pm
Yeah looks like lasius niger to me. What's here size in mm? The thickness of a dime is how I measure mm. :D Also when did you catch her?
Nice :D I thought it was a lasius niger :D
I think she is about 4a 5mm. It is hard to tell.

I caught them 5 or 6 weeks ago. 6 in total. 2 of them did not make it. The rest of the queens have 4 or 5 workers :D

AntsRule
Posts: 807
Joined: Thu Apr 28, 2016 2:02 pm
Location: Chester County Pennslyvania

Re: Hi :D

Post: # 29236Post AntsRule
Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:49 pm

MisterJSL wrote:
Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:20 pm
AntsRule wrote:
Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:39 pm
Yeah looks like lasius niger to me. What's here size in mm? The thickness of a dime is how I measure mm. :D Also when did you catch her?
Nice :D I thought it was a lasius niger :D
I think she is about 4a 5mm. It is hard to tell.

I caught them 5 or 6 weeks ago. 6 in total. 2 of them did not make it. The rest of the queens have 4 or 5 workers :D
They have not even flown yet in Pennsylvania, where did you catch them?
With all the things ants can do, you wonder, who rules the planet :?

Keeper of:
Solenopsis molesta
Aphaenogaster sp.
Crematogaster sp.
Brachymyrmex depilis
Tertamorium sp. E
Pheidole sp.
Lasius neoniger

MisterJSL
Posts: 16
Joined: Tue Jul 04, 2017 12:41 pm

Re: Hi :D

Post: # 29240Post MisterJSL
Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:03 pm

AntsRule wrote:
Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:49 pm
MisterJSL wrote:
Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:20 pm
AntsRule wrote:
Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:39 pm
Yeah looks like lasius niger to me. What's here size in mm? The thickness of a dime is how I measure mm. :D Also when did you catch her?
Nice :D I thought it was a lasius niger :D
I think she is about 4a 5mm. It is hard to tell.

I caught them 5 or 6 weeks ago. 6 in total. 2 of them did not make it. The rest of the queens have 4 or 5 workers :D
They have not even flown yet in Pennsylvania, where did you catch them?
We have a park nearby. Pick them up from the sidewalk. It was a day after an rain day. I have witnessed 3 prenuptial flights since then. It's a nice thing to watch.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest