Test tube set up and tub outworld

Questions from those who are just starting or considering getting into the ant keeping hobby. If you’re intimidated or confused by the in-depth posts of the other sections of this forum, feel free to post here, and we'll start from square one!

Moderator: ooper01

DVeljacic

Test tube set up and tub outworld

Sun Aug 09, 2015 9:58 pm

One of my Lasius cultures has three workers and quite a few on the way. I've placed the open tube into a tub, along with a second fresh tube. There is a plastic cap with wet cotton. It looks like examples I've seen online but I don't know what to do now.
Do I keep the whole thing in the cupboard? The test tubes are, obviously, clear, so I assume the whole set up needs to be kept dark. But, I don't know for sure.

WillWithAnts

Re: Test tube set up and tub outworld

Mon Aug 10, 2015 6:15 pm

I have a small cover for my test tube in the outworld, but keeping them completely in the dark may be a better idea! Good luck!

DVeljacic

Mon Aug 10, 2015 7:35 pm

Awesome, thanks WiilWithAnts, I appreciate Your time.

Batman10

Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:24 pm

DVeljacic wrote:Do I keep the whole thing in the cupboard? The test tubes are, obviously, clear, so I assume the whole set up needs to be kept dark. But, I don't know for sure.
Hi guys.I was thinking about keeping the whole thing in maby a dark area to. But with covering the test tube in mind how about putting the test tube inside thayr first outworld? And covering the test tube to say are already fermiller with it? :idea: