Bay Area Ants?

Questions from those who are just starting or considering getting into the ant keeping hobby. If you’re intimidated or confused by the in-depth posts of the other sections of this forum, feel free to post here, and we'll start from square one!

Moderator: ooper01

AntLove4Evr

Bay Area Ants?

Sat Feb 04, 2017 12:10 am

I'm new to this antkeeping business and I want to know if there are any ants out here in the Bay Area. I live towards the inner bay, the Antioch-Brentwood area, and I was wondering was some good hotspots are. I've heard some stuff about solenopsis and pogonomyrmex living in this area, but I've never been too sure.

Much love! I appreciate the help!
(So wish I could keep Solenopsis Molesta... :lol: )

shaky33

Re: Bay Area Ants?

Sat Feb 04, 2017 2:25 am

AntLove4Evr wrote:I'm new to this antkeeping business and I want to know if there are any ants out here in the Bay Area. I live towards the inner bay, the Antioch-Brentwood area, and I was wondering was some good hotspots are. I've heard some stuff about solenopsis and pogonomyrmex living in this area, but I've never been too sure.

Buddy no need to double post. The forum is already pretty busy.
Current Queens and or Colonies
Camponotus consobrinus
Myrmecia pilosula
Anonychomyrma sp.
Pheidole sp.
Camponotus sp.
Melaphorus sp.
Notoncus sp.
Dream Queen:
Cephalote varian

AntLove4Evr

Re: Bay Area Ants?

Sat Feb 04, 2017 9:11 am

shaky33 wrote:
AntLove4Evr wrote:I'm new to this antkeeping business and I want to know if there are any ants out here in the Bay Area. I live towards the inner bay, the Antioch-Brentwood area, and I was wondering was some good hotspots are. I've heard some stuff about solenopsis and pogonomyrmex living in this area, but I've never been too sure.

Buddy no need to double post. The forum is already pretty busy.
Yea, that was a mistake on my part. I don't know how to delete posts... I'm new here.... :?
(So wish I could keep Solenopsis Molesta... :lol: )