Egg to Nanitic

Questions from those who are just starting or considering getting into the ant keeping hobby. If you’re intimidated or confused by the in-depth posts of the other sections of this forum, feel free to post here, and we'll start from square one!

Moderator: ooper01

shaky33

Egg to Nanitic

Wed Dec 21, 2016 3:44 am

G'day all.

My 3 prolasius queens laid their eggs around the 27/9 and I was wondering how long it takes for the egg to go to nanitic.

Thank you.
- Rhytidoponera metallica
- Camponotus consobrinus x2
- **** sp.
- Nylanderia sp.
- Melaphorus sp.
- Camponotus cairns
- Crematogaster sp.
- Colobopsis sp.
- Myrmecia nigrocinta
- Iridomyrmex purpureus
- Camponotus eastwoodi

Serafine

Re: Egg to Nanitic

Wed Dec 21, 2016 7:36 am

Tetramorium takes about 4 weeks, Camponotus about 2 months. Lasius is slightly bigger than Tetramorium, so probably something between 4 and 6 weeks, depending on the temperature within the setup.

shaky33

Thu Dec 22, 2016 5:47 pm

Serafine wrote:Tetramorium takes about 4 weeks, Camponotus about 2 months. Lasius is slightly bigger than Tetramorium, so probably something between 4 and 6 weeks, depending on the temperature within the setup.
Well my queens are going onto about 13 weeks. So either i'm wrong about the genus or they are just extremely stubborn.
- Rhytidoponera metallica
- Camponotus consobrinus x2
- **** sp.
- Nylanderia sp.
- Melaphorus sp.
- Camponotus cairns
- Crematogaster sp.
- Colobopsis sp.
- Myrmecia nigrocinta
- Iridomyrmex purpureus
- Camponotus eastwoodi

Martialis

Sat Dec 24, 2016 7:17 am

shaky33 wrote:
Serafine wrote:Tetramorium takes about 4 weeks, Camponotus about 2 months. Lasius is slightly bigger than Tetramorium, so probably something between 4 and 6 weeks, depending on the temperature within the setup.
Well my queens are going onto about 13 weeks. So either i'm wrong about the genus or they are just extremely stubborn.
Might be hibernating.. Many species in Australia hibernate, or so I've been told.
Keeper of

Selliing: