Dead Queen

Questions from those who are just starting or considering getting into the ant keeping hobby. If you’re intimidated or confused by the in-depth posts of the other sections of this forum, feel free to post here, and we'll start from square one!

Moderator: ooper01

JPSMedeiros

Dead Queen

Thu Oct 13, 2016 7:07 pm

I'm very sad to say that my queen died. I had a camponotus queen with wigs and I has checking her weekly. After 3 weeks she had no eggs, I decided to leave her alone for 2 weeks more, and today when I checked she was dead. I'm very sad, the poor insect died because of me :cry: :cry:

Batspiderfish

Re: Dead Queen

Thu Oct 13, 2016 7:35 pm

Not necessarily your fault, as long as she had water and privacy.
If you enjoy my expertise and identifications, please do not put wild populations at risk of disease by releasing pet colonies. We are responsible to give our pets the best care we can manage for the rest of their lives.

JPSMedeiros

Thu Oct 13, 2016 7:39 pm

She had water, and I did just weekly checks. :cry: My girl friend captured a queen for me ( <3 ), i'll take her tomorrow and I will post some photos to get a ID.

MichiganAnts

Thu Oct 13, 2016 8:12 pm

you have to realized that queens will die.. some because of you, some because of something wrong with them. dont be hard on yourself. keep on looking for another queen.