Ant Identification

Questions from those who are just starting or considering getting into the ant keeping hobby. If you’re intimidated or confused by the in-depth posts of the other sections of this forum, feel free to post here, and we'll start from square one!

Moderator: ooper01

Sebastiangperez

Ant Identification

Wed Jun 10, 2020 7:26 pm

Does anyone can identify this Ant ,and what type of food they need , i gave them dead flies and some dead spiders , they eat that but there is something that i can give them besides bugs.
Another thing is how can i move them to another recipient.
Thanks

Hawkeye

Re: Ant Identification

Thu Jun 11, 2020 8:08 am

Sebastiangperez wrote:
Wed Jun 10, 2020 7:26 pm
Does anyone can identify this Ant ,and what type of food they need , i gave them dead flies and some dead spiders , they eat that but there is something that i can give them besides bugs.
Another thing is how can i move them to another recipient.
Thanks
Hey Sebastian,

Your ant(s) will need access to water, protein (insects) and sugars. You can prepare honey/sugar water and add a test tube sealed with a cotton ball into their outworld for example. If you want to offer pure honey, make sure you only offer droplets (use a toothpick) so your ants won't get stuck. The easiest way to do this is by putting it on say a piece of foil, which you can remove once they've eaten everything.

To help identify your queen, we would need to see some pictures. Uploads your pictures to imgur.com and then copy and paste the BBCode into the text of your next post to display images.