Search found 105 matches
- Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:41 am
- Forum: Ant Care and Ant Keeping
- Topic: Could hypoponera be molygenous?
- Replies: 7
- Views: 70
No, polygyny often does not work in captivity, especially if the queens have already started colonies. It may work if they were caught and belonged to the same colony prior to mating, but it is likely to end in one or two dead queens if you introduce them now. Usually the only ants you can reliably...
- Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:11 pm
- Forum: Formicariums and Ant Setups
- Topic: Homemade Portal
- Replies: 6
- Views: 71
Vaseline? Why is that there and where did you put it? (I'm a complete beginner) I'm guessing it is used to make a slippery surface so the ants can't climb up. I thought that was baby powder and alcohol Vaseline, Fluon, and baby powder and rubbing alcohol mix are three different barriers. I think th...
- Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:30 pm
- Forum: Nuptial Flight Schedules and Sightings
- Topic: Canadian ant keepers, what is your fave species to keep?
- Replies: 4
- Views: 81