The ACAF "WHAT IS ANT LOVE?" Contest | FREE Omni Nest Large | Deadline Aug 3rd, 2015!

Announcements and discussion on upcoming store promos, contest, events, etc.

Moderator: ooper01

sacredprey

Re: The ACAF "WHAT IS ANT LOVE?" Contest | FREE Omni Nest Large | Deadline Aug 3rd, 2015!

Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:06 pm

what is ant love ? i think ant love for me started at 8 when i had my first uncle milton ant farm , after a week my cat knocked my farm over and i remember crying as my mother yelled about having loos ants in her house , i must have been on that floor for a good minute looking for the escaped ants , to this day i believe i found them all soar knees and all , my mom had called an exterminator and i had to save them right so i told the guy to give me 5 min he said you got to be kidding there ants , to me they are just as important as cats and dogs , as an adult i have always wanted to start another and fire ants hurt and whelp pretty good but i got some workers and eggs larva and put then in a uncle milton larg farm after about 3 months they got so large i had no choice but to free them or they would die , now at 38 and i have 4 great kids my son is the only one of my children who shows interest in starting an ant formacarium with me on one condition he said i have to let him put the food in the out world , lets be honest im nothing but a grown kid, ants have always intrigued me how they work together no matter what , if only the world could learn from ants wed all be better off , now what i think is ant love is still having the passion to raise ants at 38 when others say its time to grow up , beside my son will have an early start at science and able to see how colony's work , the pasion the care that is ant love to me to keep the passion and willing to care for a colony .

antscanada
Main Forum Admin

Re: The ACAF "WHAT IS ANT LOVE?" Contest | FREE Omni Nest Large | Deadline Aug 3rd, 2015!

Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:08 pm

Acorns wrote:"Ant Love"
Is Mikey Bustos and all that he is, has, and will be doing for this great hobby!!
Haha! Flattery... Good tactic. Hands Acorns the prize! Haha joking.

Keep posting ACAF ant friends! So many great entries already. This is going to be hard for us to judge. We were expecting this. Good luck to all contestants!
Ant Love Forever.

Boxingants

Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:03 pm

Ant Love is when you hold your beloved ant in your palm. No matter how much they sting you because you dont want some to die while transorting them tube to tube. Thats pretty risky so i put them in my palm and put them in the outland. Struggle of identifying each one... Rather small nest #ant love

CozierLobster

Ant love

Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:53 pm

Ant Love is every ant in the colony working together to make something great.
ant love.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Voltagekid56

Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:02 pm

Ant love is always finding ants fascinating and full of discovery. Ant love is finding a young solenopsis queen drowning in a pool, fishing her out, and giving her a dry warm home. Ant love is rejoicing when she lays her first clutch of eggs and spending three months waiting for her first workers to hatch. Ant love is jumping with joy when her workers begin to crawl all around their test tube for the first time. It is worrying that you might make a mistake, then breathing a sigh of relief when you see your queen is still happy. It is when you start doing extra chores to raise money in hopes that one day she can live in a true formicarium. It is when you realized how much one small insect has changed your life for the better. Ant love is when you stop seeing your captured queen as a pet and start seeing her as a member of the family. Ant love forever.

jfree3719

Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:11 pm

When ants get in your pants and you don't prance:)

Voltagekid56

Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:18 pm

Ant love is building and discovering a society built by some of nature’s most unique creatures. It bestows a curiosity upon us to dive into a world that is forged from teamwork and unity. Ant love allows us to appreciate organisms that are sometimes misunderstood as mindless stinging machines and see ants for what they really are great beings that can build metropolises. Ant love forever.

jfree3719

Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:26 pm

The definition of ant love: loving your ants like a child. Nurturing them when there young, putting up with their stubborn preferences, truly knowing your ants by studying your own colony, finding out what there interests are, and being able to witness them succeed in life. I am only 17 and do not have kids but through ant keeping or really any kind of pet experience it has shown me what it is like to take responsibility and care for others.

J Free

jfree3719

Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:40 pm

The very definition of ant love would be, a successful ant keeper. continually persevering through trials, even failure until you spend enough time learning about these mysterious creatures finally observing a society that is flourishing with new life and new discoveries. I myself am not a successful ant keeper. I continue to fail my ants but i love them enough to say i will one day see domestic ants act comfortably and naturally in their environment.

riverking9

Wed Jul 29, 2015 3:41 am

when the queen moves in the a formicarium