The ACAF "WHAT IS ANT LOVE?" Contest | FREE Omni Nest Large | Deadline Aug 3rd, 2015!

Announcements and discussion on upcoming store promos, contest, events, etc.

Moderator: ooper01

CozierLobster

Re: The ACAF "WHAT IS ANT LOVE?" Contest | FREE Omni Nest Large | Deadline Aug 3rd, 2015!

Sat Aug 01, 2015 11:25 pm

Ant love is the ants that go around their colony feeding each other by trophallaxis
ant love 5 copy.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

bensonarcenas

Re: The ACAF "WHAT IS ANT LOVE?" Contest | FREE Omni Nest Large | Deadline Aug 3rd, 2015!

Sun Aug 02, 2015 1:12 am

Ant love is what this site composed of. It is formed because of your love for ants mikey and of course for all the other ant keepers

bensonarcenas

Sun Aug 02, 2015 1:21 am

Ant love is not only keeping them but you still take care for them in the wild. I am very fascinated in observing them just sitting there for hours. I also used to feed them so that i may see their colony's grow bigger.

When i was younger i remembered that i keep ants. I keep them in a flat rock and surround it with water. And feeding them from time to time. I also provided them soil and watched them build a home. Its funny because i never actually thought that it would be possible to really keep them in formicarium and stuffs. I would never forget the day i came across a ant canada video that made me a ant keeper :) thanks mikey!

Carl75

Sun Aug 02, 2015 2:12 am

Ant love is learning about ants, keeping a thriving colony in the best environment, being part of a ant keeping community, sharing knowledge with other ant keepers (a bit like ants themselves).

joshG01

Sun Aug 02, 2015 2:37 am

For me being an ant keeper is that keeping them is not enought because you have to take care of them and to love them too #Antlove

joshG01

Sun Aug 02, 2015 2:56 am

Ants are insect that is the best to
keep and love because you have to keep the queen not disturbed to be successful because it all start in just a queen #Antlove

Ihipkins

Sun Aug 02, 2015 3:29 am

Ant love is not stepping on ants when you walk on the sidewalk. :D

exoAnt

Sun Aug 02, 2015 6:58 am

Lets go back to 2011 at this time i buyed my first colony (lasius niger) i was 13 years old :D
it was so amazing to see these ants work all days long at this time i knew ill never stop keeping ants because I LOVE THESE INSECTS . From year to year i buyed so much colonys (my mother was so angry haha but i never stop )
i am 17 Years old yet and i think over the years i grow up as a ant keeping expert , at this moment i have 24 colonys Camponotus distinguendus::: only the queen
Camponotus nicobarensis::: with workers 20
Camponotus ligniperdus::: Queen with 6 Majoren
Camponotus herculeanus::: 9 Queens
Cataglyphis oasium::: with 6 workers
Diacamma rugosum::: with 30 workers and the Gamergate
Pheidole pallidula::: with 6 workers
Lasius niger::: with 150 workers
Lasius sp.::: Gyne (not niger )
Formica fusca::: ca. 100 wokers
Formica sanguinea::: ca. 150 workers
Solenopsis fugax::: i found that Queen in berlin in the city :DD
Tetramorium bicarinatum::: 2 Queens 50 workers
Messor barbarus::: ca. 15 workers
Messor aciculatus::: 5 Queens , 30 workers
Myrmica ruginodes::: 9 Queens , 200 worker
Myrmica scabrinodes::: 2 Queens ca. 30 workers
Myrmica rubra::: 2 Queens über 50 workers
Myrmica sp.::: 1 Queen
Myrmica rubra::: 2 Queens, über 150 workers
Manica rubida::: 1 Queen
Pachycondyla apicalis::: ca. 50 workers
Pachycondyla astuta::: 1 Queen
Themnothorax cf. nylanderi::: have huge 5 colonys

My family says that i can open my own ant store hahaha
I WILL NEVER STOP KEPPING ANTS

ANT LOVE FOREVERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Antatix

Sun Aug 02, 2015 7:24 am

Ants love is : feeling as much love for a ant as you have for a human, there is no different only you and your ego can make the difference in making a separation between the two.